Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] enter login form from different location on website

18 Posts
2 Users
2 Likes
Topic starter
(@roelof)
Eminent Member

Hi, I want to create a link (from one of my website pages) to my forum page and the login form will appear.

I tried to specifiy a link from a button on a different page to the /community/ page with the help of the appropriate wpforo login shortcode. Sofar, without succes. The documentation does not help me.

Thanks for any hint to realise this.

17 Replies
Topic starter
(@roelof)
Eminent Member

In addition to.

To make more clear what the problem is.

If I define the shortcode /%wpforo-login%/ under the button to obtain the login form. The result is a new screen with the message: Access denied.

What do I wrong ?

Chris
(@chris)
Famed Member

Hi @roelof,

I'm sorry, but I don't follow you, can you explain correctly.

15 Replies
(@roelof)

Eminent Member

Hi@chris, I do have a mixed website regular webpages and the wpforo forumpage. One of the webpages acts as a portal, where visitors can choose easily and quick where to go: for the bookshop or for the forum. This choice is a button function. The button is placed on another page than the actuel forum. I want to define a link under the appropriate button. A link that jumps to the forum page and the login form will appear. In fact the same what happened when I thick the login function in the mainmenu on top of the page.

I hope this will clarify things.

Thanks for your attention.

Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@roelof,

If you are the developer of the theme, we can give you a PHP code which returns wpForo Log In URL which sends non-Logged-in User to Log In Page and Logged-in User to Forum Home Page. Or you can do it by WordPress Menus.

(@roelof)

Eminent Member

@chris,

Thanks Chris, It seems a solution is possible, but it sounds freaky to me. I´am not at the level of fiddling in the php code. (Only programming IBM mainframes in the seventies. full stop.). Unless it is possible to solve all this within, of with help of Elementor.

Otherwise, I must consider to find a different solution to create a ´portal´ function.

Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@roelof,

Insert this below URL in Elementor:

https://knittelbooks.com/community/?foro=signin&redirect_to=https%3A%2F%2Fknittelbooks.com%2Fcommunity

(@roelof)

Eminent Member

@chris 

I did insert your link into the link field of the button. I tested as incognito and hit the button. The result is: a new tab opens in the browser. The standard message appears: Can´t find the server. Try again. In the URL in top of the screen: https://community/%20

Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@roelof

You have a space in the URL.

(@roelof)

Eminent Member

@chris 

See attached, what I did with your link.

You address a URL. I am afraid I do not understand.

I know about a URL space in top of the page of my browser, but not within the edit button function.

Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@roelof,

Give me admin credentials, I will try to help you. Send it to this mail: info[at]gvectors.com

(@roelof)

Eminent Member

@chris,

o.k., please check your mail.

Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@roelof,

I have added the link that has to open the forum main page for logged-in users and Log In page for non-logged-in users, but the link works only for logged-in user otherwise it stays on #.

I guess, you have a server side cache.

(@roelof)

Eminent Member

@chris,

o.k. Chris, Too bad it can not realise the desired result. Anyway, I am grateful for your help. I will think about a different solution.

Finally, I noticed the wordpress menu is acting strange now. Using the ´log in´ and ´log out´ function in the right top end will both ending up in a unformatted screen layout ?

(@roelof)

Eminent Member

It seems the forum/community page and the login page are not longer working properly.

Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@roelof,

I'm sorry, but I can't help you with Elementor settings, you need to set up Elementor yourself, however the link below is workable, so you can use it to get your desired result.

https://knittelbooks.com/community/?foro=signin

(@roelof)

Eminent Member

@chris,

I would like to thank you for your involvement.

It works fine now.

Thanks.

Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@roelof,

I'm glad to hear.