wpForo 1.x.x [Solved] Error 502 Bad Gateway With Woocommerce

12 Posts
5 Users
3 Likes
 ice
Topic starter
(@ice)
Eminent Member

I recently began getting Error 502 Bad Gateway Error When creating a new topic or replying a post. The post gets created but instead of directing back to the created post it hangs for several seconds and then displays the bad gateway error. I have also experienced this on just trying to view a post (not replying or creating)

I tried clearing my browser cache and cookies (Firefox) and this fixes it temporarily because on first refresh the correct page loads. But refresh again and the error comes back.

I read on some other threads that it could be a conflict with another plugin and to disable all plugins and enable them one by one.

I did this and was able to isolate it to woocommerce. Now when i deactivate woocommerce the error stops but when i reactivate it the error continues.

Both wpforo and woocommerce plugins are essential to the function of my website.

All my plugins are updated.

How do i solve this?

I am using a digital ocean server on cloudways.com hosting.

11 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

This is hosting service or plugin conflict issue. There is no way to debug and fix it from wpForo side, unless you can provide examples, URLs, videos, access...

ice
Topic starter
(@ice)
Eminent Member

Hello @robert thank you, I can provide you with anything you need to help with this please, just tell me what details and information you need.

1 Reply
Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)

Support Team

Hi @ice,

Please record some video of the issue and leave it here, or send to info[at]gvectors.com email address.  

ice
Topic starter
(@ice)
Eminent Member

Thanks @robert and @sofy I have just sent the video to your email

(@crisw)
Reputable Member
Posted by: ice

I recently began getting Error (1) 502 Bad Gateway Error When creating a new topic or replying a post. The post gets created but instead of directing back to the created post it hangs for several seconds and then displays the bad gateway error. I have also experienced this on just trying to view a post (not replying or creating)

I tried clearing my browser cache and cookies (Firefox) and this fixes it temporarily because on first refresh the correct page loads. But refresh again and the error comes back.

I read on some other threads that it could be a conflict with another plugin and to disable all plugins and enable them one by one.

I did this and was able to isolate it to woocommerce. Now when i deactivate woocommerce the error stops but when i reactivate it the error continues.

Both wpforo and woocommerce plugins are essential to the function of my website.

All my plugins are updated.

How do i solve this?

I am using a digital ocean server on cloudways.com hosting.

Hi @ice .  The 502 Bad Gateway error is an HTTP status code that means that one server on the internet received an invalid response from another server.

Here's an article that explains it further and some suggestions on how you might fix it.  

"How to fix a 502 Bad Gateway error"

https://www.lifewire.com/502-bad-gateway-error-explained-2622939

I also see that error from time to time.  I guess the internet is also catching up with the "traffic"  🙂

Good luck and God bless you.  🙂 

2 Replies
 ice
(@ice)

Eminent Member

hello @crisw thanks, I saw that article too and did the things there applicable to me but no permanent fix. Like I said in my post I have been able to narrow down the issue to woocommerce plugin because the error stops when I disable woocommerce and starts again when I re-enable it. I will wait for what the developers have to say, I'm waiting to hear back from them.

(@crisw)

Reputable Member

Ok @ ice.  Good luck!  🙂 

Page 1 / 2