Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Failure to load plugin error when using threaded forum as home page (Javascript issue)

5 Posts
2 Users
1 Reactions
Topic starter
(@nick584)

Hello,

Thanks so much for providing a wonderful product. I am running into a minor issue when using a threaded forum on my home page. I used your website's instructions to do set it up (found here). 

When I click the "add topic" button, an error appears in the text editor stating "Failed to load plugin: wpforo_link_button from url..." (see attached image). 

I believe this happens because the threaded forum does not require a user to be redirected to (siteurl/community). The other forum styles (simplified, extended) automatically do this when a user clicks into a topic, so the issue does not appear. Interestingly, when I type in (siteurl/community) directly into my browser, I will not get the error using the threaded forum. I believe there is something in your Javascript that only initializes the "tinymce-link" and "tinymce-pre" code if the user has been to (siteurl/community). Is there any way you might be able to fix this?

Hopefully that explanation makes sense. Thanks for any help you can provide with this issue!

4 Replies
Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)
Support Team

Hi @nick584,

Please send the admin login details to info[at]gvectors.com email address to allow us to check the issue and provide a solution for you. 

3 Replies
(@nick584)

@sofy

Thank you, I sent an email with the details to the address you listed.

Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)

Support Team

@nick584

We were not able to log in via the login details you've provided. Please check and make sure those are available for us. 

(@nick584)

@sofy

Thanks for checking. After looking into your plugin's javascript, I realized the issue was when the js code initializes certain buttons. This is not something you'd be able to fix as it is not specific to my own website. 

It is a small bug but anyone who wishes to include a threaded forum on their front page will run into this issue. I've solved the issue by automatically redirecting my front page to siturl.com/community. The code correctly initializes from that subdomain. Hopefully this is an issue you can identify and fix in future updates! 

Regardless of this small bug, the plugin is fantastic, the developers thought through a great number of customizable features. Well done and looking forward to using it!