Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Solved] Fake hidden users still found

11 Posts
2 Users
1 Reactions
Topic starter
(@agendavolo)
Trusted Member

This is the 3rd post I'm opening on this issue. Each time it seems resolved but then I discover more problems.

Fake members are not visible, but if I browse .../forum/profile/user-name/ I can see his profile. I discovered this by checking my analytics and seeing that people are opening up fake users' profiles at will.

10 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

@agendavolo,

That because you're admin. You can see anything. If you've correctly configured Guest and Regular usergroup permissions then they cannot see that pages.

Topic starter
(@agendavolo)
Trusted Member

trust me, the problem is visible without being logged in as Admin. All checkboxes in usergroup are disabled. This is hackers' job because the website has not traffic yet they view any user they want. I need to fight this.

1 Reply
Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@agendavolo ,

Something is wrong with your configuration for sure. Please leave an example of a user profile page URL. We'll try to figure it out.

Topic starter
(@agendavolo)
Trusted Member

...thank you for investigating this issue. You can find my forum here, and you can see that the members list shows empty. However, I can browse to one user or another user if I know their names.

1 Reply
Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@agendavolo ,

Please show me the screenshot of the Guest Usergroup permissions in Dashboard > Forums > usergroups admin page.

Topic starter
(@agendavolo)
Trusted Member
1 Reply
Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@agendavolo ,

I asked you to show me the guest usergroup permissions. Your issue is related to Guests, you say that non-login users can see other user profile pages, so please edit the Guest usergroup, take a screenshot and leave here. Your both screenshots are not related to the guest.

Page 1 / 2