Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Forum Menu not working properly

5 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
Topic starter
(@gorlworld)

I'm having a lot of trouble with the forum menu. First off, the links only work if I have it set to standalone. Otherwise, none of the links in the forums (including links to make a new topic or enter the forum, etc.) work. But after setting it to standalone, all of the links work for the forum, but not the menu.

The register button works only sporadically. Sometimes it works fine, and other times it just refreshes the page and shows that its redirecting to or from another random page. We tried creating a new menu, it worked momentarily but then started bugging out again. In my incognito window, the register and login buttons work fine and don't ever seem to stop working. But in a regular (non-incognito) window for myself and another tester, it doesn't work properly. I'm working on a mac, tried this in Chrome and Safari.

When I click "Register" from "login" or "members" it seems to work. If I click "register" from "home" it works sporadically, but more often than not it doesn't work again until I click "login" or "members", then when I click on "register" it works again. It's all very odd and I don't know how to fix it. 

I set it to debug mode in case that shows anything on your end.

Help would be appreciated! Thank you.

4 Replies
Chris
(@chris)
Famed Member

Hi @gorlworld,

If you don't want to have a standalone forum, disable it from the Boards settings.

Disable all the plugins you have except wpForo, then test the forum workability, if you get issues let us know here, so we can fix the problems you have with wpForo and enable the plugins after that.

1 Reply
(@gorlworld)

@chris I think everything is working fine now 🙂 Thank you!

Topic starter
(@gorlworld)

Hi Chris,

I do want it to be a standalone forum, I thought it would be helpful if you knew the forum links weren't working properly otherwise. I read in the documentation that the header and footer aren't wpforo for the moment and are still wp, and that is how I'd prefer it since I'm adding a link in the code of the footer, and there's a little code in the header as well.

I disabled all of the plugins and all of the links work fine. Should I start enabling the plugins one by one to see what the issue is, or what do you recommend for next steps?

Thank you for your help!

1 Reply
Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@gorlworld,

yes, now enable the plugins one by one and find which plugin is the problem maker.