Clear all

[Solved] From can not be called

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@thobie)

Hello,

I have installed the wpForo forum plugin in a local test environment of a website.

Therefore you can not reproduce live this error that I have.

In the user guide it says that the plugin creates a page called /community/ where the shortcode is [wpforo]. This is correct.

The forum is in a protected members area using the Simple WordPress Membership plugin.

However, I can’t get the forum through the URL:

http://www.mydomain.de/community/

I get a 404 error.

I can only access the forum through the URL:

http://www.mydomain/members-area/community

But the forum home page /community/ has the permalink mentioned first!

5 Replies
Chris
(@chris)
Famed Member

Hi @thobie,

Navigate to Dashboard > wpForo > Boards, edit the main board, and check the Board slug and board ID. Then Navigate to Dashboard > Pages, and check Forum pages URL slug and ID, both ID's and slug's should be the same.

2 Replies
(@thobie)

The board has the boardid 0 and the slug community.

I don't know what you mean by that:

Then Navigate to Dashboard > Pages, and check Forum pages URL slug and ID, both ID's and slug's should be the same.

Actually the menu item "Dashboard" -> "Pages" and then the board's homepage, which has the shortcut "[wpforo]"? It has the same slug, but where do I find the ID on a WP page?

Surely you don't mean the category or forum pages via "Dashboard" -> "wpForo" -> "Forums"?

I notice that on the "Forum" page, which contains the shortcut "[wpforo]", if I select a) main page (no parent) or b) any child page in the page attributes -> parents, the error message, Page not found, (URL www.mydomain.de/community) appears in "Preview of changes" for a), and the forum is displayed for b), (URL www.mydomain.de/page/community).

dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)

Famed Member

@thobie Hover to Edit the forum page and you will see a number in the linked hover. That is the Page ID.

Topic starter
(@thobie)

So I have to change the ID of the board (0) to the ID of the forum page (330)?

Topic starter
(@thobie)

I have changed the page ID (!) in the board menue to the id of the forum page and now it works. Thanks a lot.