Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] HOw to add my separate boards onto separate pages

13 Posts
4 Users
5 Reactions
Topic starter
(@adelleking)

i have created 3 boards - as I want these on 3 specific pages and there is specific access to each. but they keep directing to the 1 page WPforo created upon installation. I cannot see I can add the board to a new page - it brings up the 1 page originally crated on installation. 

12 Replies
Chris
(@chris)
Famed Member

Hi @adelleking,

Please provide website URL.

Topic starter
(@adelleking)

Hi - It's vnumedway.co.uk - but it is under construction and not live as of yet. 

(@becca)

I think I see what you might mean. Even though I created a second actual WP Page with the same slug as my second board, trying to mimic what wpForo does for the first board, when I access the second board via the slug it still shows the original page (e.g. title), even though it is showing the new board's content.

Not as I would have expected.

Maybe we need to do something with the shortcode? Add board ID or some such?

1 Reply
(@engin)

Trusted Member

Hi @becca @adelleking @chris

I am trying the same to separate each board (forum) on the new private page and open only with forum member Log-in.  I found this instructional video:  How to create a private page for multiple users 

I guess from the board settings we have to change the page ID and adapt it accordingly with the Slug on the new private page. 

My home page: https://havacilarkonusuyor.com

IMHO by doing so I would also choose what sidebar widgets I could use for each individual page and these widgets would not show on other pages. 

I hope and I guess this option would also solve the Subscribe Button issue Subscribe button reveals all other topics

I am still trying and so far no success. 😊 

Thank you. 

Chris
(@chris)
Famed Member

@adelleking, @becca,

wpForo has 2 options For boards:

1. Using wpForo Default Forum Page for all boards.

2. Creating New pages for each board, in this case, you have to set the Board ID and Board's Slug the same as the Page ID and Slug.

7 Replies
(@engin)

Trusted Member

Hello @chris 

What are the pros and cons of the 2 options?

When I create a new page for each private board (forum) would I have better control over the widget displays, Elementor edit?

Would I have better access control for each forum (page)?

What would you suggest?

I have a total of 4 forums (Boards) on the same default Forum page. 

https://havacilarkonusuyor.com

Cheers

Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@engin,

There isn't big difference, having multiple pages for multiples boards is more about multilingual plugins. So the plugins can work correct.

(@engin)

Trusted Member

@chris,

I would like to move my boards to separate pages but I could not manage to set each board on each page. 

[insert page='page-slug|ID' display='content'] didn't work.

Here are my boards with similar page ID's which should be different page ID's if I like to display each board on different pages.  When I change the ID number to any other number, (say8) it didn't work.

Any help?

Thanks

Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@engin,

Create the page, set the slug and insert wpForo shortcode. Then go to the board settings and set the Board ID and slug as it is set for the page.

(@becca)

Ooh I see now. There's a Board ID value in the Board edit page that we need to set that to match the Page's ID value. Thanks!

Please note, the documentation does talk about the board slug, but does not mention the board ID at all, and does not tell us that we need to match both to these values to the page on which we want to display the separate board.  Perhaps a quick update to the documentation might help?

(@engin)

Trusted Member

Thank you @chris 

I can't follow the documentation with the latest version of wpForo and as (@becca) also mentioned an update would be really great. 

Additionally to that, is there any way not to show any content of the Boards (Private forums on separate pages unless the members log-in?

Thank you. 

Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@engin,

No Access for guest user in the Category and Forum.