wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] How to add Title and ALT to an attached image

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@azzidoqsc)
Eminent Member

Hello,

For SEO purposes I want to update already existing pictures in the posts and new ones too.

Here is an example of a post with one image, how can I add title and alt on that image ?

<p>Hi guys;</p>
<p>It has been a while to that I am trying this analyser for more then 7 batteries now, without any success.</p>
<p>The first issue is that I get a winodows popped up telling me that I need to use the latst updates. See the attached photo.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Then after a while I get the warnig not anymore. Then I proceed to connect the battery by clicking on the Connect button on the app, then Start reading. The result is that the software can find no data and keeps looking without success.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>This is the same situation with many batteries.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Please help</p>
<div id="wpfa-4430" class="wpforo-attached-file"><a class="wpforo-default-attachment" href="//www.laptopu.ro/wp-content/uploads/wpforo/default_attachments/1623759796-WhatsApp-Image-2021-05-14-at-122153.jpeg" target="_blank" rel="noopener"><i class="fas fa-paperclip"></i> WhatsApp-Image-2021-05-14-at-12.21.53.jpeg</a></div>

Topic Tags
5 Replies
Topic starter
(@azzidoqsc)
Eminent Member

any ideas how to add ALT in the code above ?

4 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@azzidoqsc,

What code is this? Is this the default forum attachment?

(@azzidoqsc)

Eminent Member

@robert 

Yes, it is the default wpforo code. I just pressed Edit on a post then Code and I copied and paster here.

Is it possible to change the ALT attribute in that code ? Right now the ALT attribute is the name of the image.

In the end, my target is to change the name of the images and ALT value for all images used on my forum to improve SEO. One option is to edit each post, rename the image on FTP server then update the post code but it takes a lot of time.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@azzidoqsc,

I'm sorry, but there is no an easy way to do that. We'll add this in our to-do to add alt/title to future attachments when a new version is released. But the old attachments cannot be updated in posts.

BTW, the Advanced Attachments addon cares about the alt/title. But this will not update the old attachments either.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

This has been removed from our to-do list. The default attachments are a simple links, and they don't contain image HTML tag, so they cannot have alt/title attributes. I think you've used some custom code to display the default attachments as images, so you should do some change in the custom code to add alt/title.