wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] How to change the red color of the "Posted By"

11 Posts
3 Users
2 Reactions
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

I am trying to change the colors of the usergroups.

What exactly you mean? The Username Link color or the Usergroup label background color?

Could you please leave your forum URL?

I don't have a /wp-content/plugins/wpforo/wpf-includes/wpf-hooks.php file to change the code...

That's impossible. it seems you don't use wpForo, you use other forum plugin. wpForo has no chance to be loaded without this file.

(@movietvforums)

I'm trying to change the username link color.  The url is movietvforums.com.  As you can see, the moderator is a glaring red, and I don't want the registered users to be green.  I changed the colors in settings > styles and as you suggested above, but no luck.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Please remove all css codes you've inserted. Makse sure all custom CSS codes related to this issue is removed and caches are deleted, then navigate to Dashboard > Forums > Usergroup admin page, edit the usergroup you want to change and set new color:

(@movietvforums)

I'm afraid that didn't work.  The reason I added the css code was because the color wasn't changing when I initially changed it in the usergroup.  Nevertheless, I deleted the css code, cleared the caches, and tried to set the colors again in the usergroup.  Still no change.  Please help.  I really hate that red.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

It works fine, you should make sure all caches are deleted and the colors.css is reset.

Please change it again, navigate to Dashboard > Forums > Dashboard admin page, click on [Delete User Cache], then delete website cache and press Ctrl+F5 twice on forum front-end.

1 Reply
(@movietvforums)

It worked!  I didn't realize there was a user cache.  I was just deleting the website cache.  Thank you so much!

By the way, I do have that wpf-hooks.php file.  My cpanel file manager doesn't display the bottom two files in wpf-includes, and it didn't come up in a search.  I found them by zooming way out.  Sorry about the confusion.

Page 2 / 2