Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] How to change user after posting ?

4 Posts
3 Users
3 Reactions
Topic starter
(@amitkool21)
Trusted Member

Hello,

1. Can we change the Author of a Forum post after its published ? Like I posted it and now I want that post under some other moderator's name, Is it possible ?

2. Can we hide the post modification logs visible at the end of the post ? 

This topic was modified 20 hours ago 10 times by .................. 
This topic was modified 19 hours ago 12 times by ..................
This topic was modified 18 hours ago 6 times by ..................
This topic was modified 4 mins ago by ..................

Thank You.
3 Replies
RealAct
(@realact)
Reputable Member

The first can be done, but it is not a feature. You would need to get it done by modifying the database, but you have to be VERY careful with that, make sure you make backs ups before doing that. You have to look for a row that shows all latest posts, and it shows the author, but then you also need to modify some other rows, I can't remember very well, so I cannot give you detail instructions. I remember having to do that because of exactly the same reason, I wanted to change the moderator who originally posted a specific thread, but I didn't just want to create a new topic and lose all views/likes/replies etc.

Second can also be done, it's a feature, and you can disable that from Dashboard >> WPForo >> Settings >> Posting & Editor Settings then scroll down the page and find the option for "Display discussion editing information" (It might say it differently, my forum is in Spanish) and make sure that NO is selected to the right.

Cheers!

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team
Posted by: @amitkool21

1. Can we change the Author of a Forum post after its published ? Like I posted it and now I want that post under some other moderator's name, Is it possible ?

Here is the instruction how to do that in the database: https://wpforo.com/community/how-to-and-troubleshooting-2/change-the-author-of-a-post-2/#post-55529

Topic starter
(@amitkool21)
Trusted Member

Thank You @realact for the suggestion regarding hiding the editing logs.

@robert I guess that method changes all the topics and posts from one Author to another Author, What I was asking is ... Can we change the Author of some specific posts like just 5-7 posts and leaving other posts under the name of that old Author...??

Sorry for the late reply.