Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] How To Display Member Social Icons Under Member Name in Forums

7 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@thedrawingboard)
Trusted Member

In the Usergroups settings for Registered users, I have the check-boxes turned on for:

• Front - Can view member reputation
  • Front - Can view member website
  • Front - Can view member social networks
  • Front - Can view member reg. date

When I go to the Members list, I can see these things in the Member's Profile. However, how do you turn on the icons so they appear within the Forum under a member's name as shown in the screenshot attached?

I just added the wpPrivateMessage add-on, thinking maybe that AddOn would turn these icons on, but it didn't. I've gone through all the settings pages and cannot find where to turn these icons on.

Thanks for any help. 

6 Replies
Topic starter
(@thedrawingboard)
Trusted Member

Okay - I just found how to do this - you have to click on the little down triangle under a member's name to see their social media icons. So that is solved.

NOW my question is, is there a way to make it so those icons show up ALL THE TIME for every member?

Right now, it appears each member will have to click the down arrow for the member they want to see this detailed information. So the information is HIDDEN by default. 

Is there a way to make the default NOT HIDDEN?

Another question - 

I'm using the AddOn for Member Fields. I've added MORE social media fields to the Member's Profile Page - Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest. However, when I click the down arrow under a member name in a forum, only the Facebook and Twitter icons show up. 

How do I get the OTHER social media icons to show up here - as shown in the screenshot attached to my first post above. 

Thanks!

Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)
Support Team

Hi @thedrawingboard,

Is there a way to make the default NOT HIDDEN?

You should use the following CSS code, just put it in Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Styles > "Custom CSS code" textarea. 

#wpforo #wpforo-wrap .wpforo-post .wpf-left .wpforo-memberinfo {
display: block !important;
}

How do I get the OTHER social media icons to show up here - as shown in the screenshot attached to my first post above. 

I'm sorry but I have no clue about this. I'll ask developers and let you know. I'll update this topic once I got some news for you. 

1 Reply
(@thedrawingboard)

Trusted Member

Thank you@sofy! I really appreciate your help!

Enjoy your day!

Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)
Support Team

Hi @thedrawingboard,

Sorry for the delay.

You should use the following hook for this purpose. 

wpforo_after_member_badge
Topic starter
(@thedrawingboard)
Trusted Member

Thank you for your reply @Sofy

Can you please tell me where I should put this hook?

I assume it goes in Plugins > Editor and then somewhere in one of the wpForo files. But I'm not sure which file, or where. 

Thanks for any guidance.

Page 1 / 2