9 Posts
3 Users
2 Likes
 mhit
Topic starter
(@mhit)
Estimable Member

Hello,

Do you have any workaround that can prevent a Forum Admin to delete the Wordpress Admin account?

8 Replies
Chris
(@chris)
Famed Member

Hi @mhit,

Set`

wpForo Usergroup: Admin

WordPress User Role: Editor or else, but not admin.

5 Replies
(@mtumbady)

@chris why they can not change members usergroups? After that settings?

Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@mtumbady,

WordPress User Role doesn't let to manage the Usergroups/User Roles, as only Admin can do that by WordPress Admin User Role.

mhit
(@mhit)

Estimable Member

Hi @chris !

Thanks so much for your help!

It is a little bit confusing that when a Forum Manager (without WP Admin role) adds a secondary user role to a member by putting a tag in front of this secondary group and saves it, it says: "User updated" but it does not save the option.

So, as you said earlier as in your previous reply, I assume that ONLY WP Admin user role can add a secondary user role for a wpForo member, is that correct?

(But in that case you have the risk that this Forum Manager with WP Admin role can delete a WP Admin user)

Looking forward to your reply! Thanks in advance!

mhit
(@mhit)

Estimable Member

@chris Thanks, the difference between Wordpress user settings and wpForo settings are getting more clear now, sorry for the misunderstanding. This is solved now.

But could you please confirm one last question?
It seems that ONLY the WordPress Admin gets a notification for forum new member registration, is that correct? 
(not the wpForo Admin)

Do I need to install a plugin for this? (that sends the notification for WordPress new user registration also to the Forum Admin email adress)

Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@mhit,

Navigate to Dashboard > wpForo > Settings > Email Settings, see`

• Forum Admins Email Addresses
  • Stop Sending Emails to Admins on New User Registration(should be disabled)

mhit
Topic starter
(@mhit)
Estimable Member

Hi,

One last question / summary:

I need the following:

1 general (private) forum

3 subforums and usergroups (members have no access to other subforums unless they are in that secondary usergroup, just like in the example of wpForo documentation: "Using Secondary Usergroups in wpForo WordPress Forum Plugin").

Adding or deleting a secondary usergroup for a member can only be done by WP Admin user role? (Forum Manager - whose default access is "full" - seems to be able to do this as it says 'user updated' after he saves it, but it does not save the usergroup change).

So, I need to grant a WP Admin user role to the Forum Manager, is that correct?

But then I need  a plugin that prevents this Forum Manager to delete the pimary WP Admin or to make other changes in WP Admin except for adding/deleting secondary user groups for forum members.

Thanks so much for your help! I am almost done with the confugration and will then go on with installing the addons.

1 Reply
Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@mhit,

Private Forum Doc: https://gvectors.com/how-to-set-up-private-forum/

What is the User Role of the Forum Admin?