Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] User role changes made in WPForo interface/panel are reseted at Wordpress sync

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@ricardotreis)

Hi guys, I need your help to understand if this is a logic problem that I didn't get yet or if this is a setup problem that I, after hours and hours (my third day now) of research didn't find the answer.

Let's go: as Admin, I see that in the members area of my forum I can change the User Group of that individual I'm seeing by a simple dropdown menu (picture attached). Its amazing!

Also for this function, I can click in the Admin Bar and go to the WPForo Members page panel, choose as many users I want, and set a Usergroup for them and save. Simple, clear, easy! BUT, as higher I set the Usergroup of the users, they still don't get their right privileges - and this will keep happening until I sync it to Wordpress Users panel, right?

The thing is that when I go to the WPForo Usergroup panel and click to sync, all the setups are reseted, getting back the assignments that are set at the Wordpress users panel. 

To see if wasn't a bug or something, I went to another domain that I host and tried the forum there, and this logic repeated.

The question for me is: all the setup made in these two places of the WPForo are just illustrative/vain? I don't get it. Why it's allowed to set changes if they are not effective, subscribed by other inevitable main logic?

I've might missed some important step of the setup, thats my conclusion... so, please, help me guys. 🙂

Much love, this is an amazing community, I've spent a lot of time here last few weeks. 

Regards from Brasil.

3 Replies
Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)
Support Team

Hi,

You should properly configure the Role-Usergroup Synchronization option. If you do not want to automatically synchronize the wpForo usergroups with the user role, you should disable it.

For more information about this option, please refer to the documentation: https://wpforo.com/docs/wpforo-v2/settings/login-registration/#role-usergroup-synchronization

2 Replies
(@ricardotreis)

@sofy Sorry, but I don't see how this fix the problem I'm facing... 

In short:
- If I don't sync WPForo usergroup panel to Wordpress members panel, the users don't get their hierarchy permissions at the forum;
- But when I sync, all the hierarchy setups made at the WPForo user panel (or forum interface) goes back to the setup as they are at Wordpress panel.

Posted by: @ricardotreis

The question for me is: all the setup made in these two places of the WPForo are just illustrative/vain? I don't get it. Why it's allowed to set changes if they are not effective, subscribed by other inevitable main logic?

Thanks for your time 🙂

Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)

Support Team

@ricardotreis

Please note that WordPress User Roles such as subscriber, contributor, author, editor, etc., do not directly impact forum accesses. They are merely synchronized with forum Usergroups.

If the Role-Usergroup Synchronization option is enabled, WordPress User Roles will be synchronized with Forum Usergroups. This functionality allows for automatic updating of a user's Usergroup when their User Role is modified by an administrator.

However, if this option is disabled, User Roles will not affect users' forum accesses; instead, access control will be managed solely by forum Usergroups.

For further details, please carefully review the documentation provided at: https://wpforo.com/docs/wpforo-v2/settings/login-registration/#role-usergroup-synchronization