Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] how to properly use wpforo with BuddyPress?

22 Posts
4 Users
4 Reactions
20.7 K Views
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

That's not a problem, MySQL 5.5 is also good to go. After the installation. It should works on 5.5. as well.

Topic starter
(@kibbles)

i talked to them again about it and some new troubling information has come to light. apparently there are some values that cannot be changed on these plans.

apparently only VPS plans are able to change them. though i imagine this would be difficult for most people, skill and cost wise since the vps plans are far more expensive. if you think about it, that's a loooot of websites unable to install wpforo.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

I don't think so, as far as I've already said, wpForo SQL is very flexible and it's adapted for all MySQL version, try with 5.5 as well.

Topic starter
(@kibbles)

i'm talking about the link i posted in my last reply displaying the php values that can't be changed. not the MySQL version.

some of the listed php values that can't be changed interfere with the minimum requirements wpforo has.

(@anonymous20)
Noble Member
Posted by: kibbles

i'm talking about the link i posted in my last reply displaying the php values that can't be changed. not the MySQL version.

some of the listed php values that can't be changed interfere with the minimum requirements wpforo has.

yeah, but tell us what are those "requirements" of wpForo you can't change ? Most shared plans do not allow any changes but wpForo works just fine.

1 Reply
(@kibbles)

like i said, the php values that can't be changed are in the link i put in the reply i made before (  http://support.hostgator.com/articles/php-settings-that-cannot-be-changed  )

wpforo requirements
upload_max_filesize = 128M
max_execution_time = 180
post_max_size = 128M

hostgator php values that can't be changed/maximum:
max_execution_time = 30
post_max_size = 64M
upload_max_filesize = 64M

the php requirements are obviously important since my website broke the other day when i installed wpforo before i checked the requirements (my website was fine after i restored a backup).

Page 2 / 4