Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] how to properly use wpforo with BuddyPress?

22 Posts
4 Users
4 Reactions
20.7 K Views
(@anonymous20)
Noble Member

I don't have those above and wpForo works just fine. I have 30 seconds timeout and 50 mb upload and post size and i'm good.

The only case i can think that 3 minutes timeout is needed, could be for a convertion / importing from an other forum db. Otherwise 30 seconds is enough and standard. If a query takes more than 30 seconds, then you are doomed anyway.

Keep in mind that Host Gator is an extremely poor choice. Belong to EIG. Stay away from EIG owned companies.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

I don't think the issue was in these requirements. It would be very helpful if you could install a test Wordpress in some subDisrectory, say /wp/ and try wpForo again. Try to find the error message, or check the error logs.

Topic starter
(@kibbles)
Posted by: Anonymous20

I don't have those above and wpForo works just fine. I have 30 seconds timeout and 50 mb upload and post size and i'm good.

The only case i can think that 3 minutes timeout is needed, could be for a convertion / importing from an other forum db. Otherwise 30 seconds is enough and standard. If a query takes more than 30 seconds, then you are doomed anyway.

Keep in mind that Host Gator is an extremely poor choice. Belong to EIG. Stay away from EIG owned companies.

hmmm well that's confusing then. i did a google search on eig and it seems they rub some other people the wrong way too. why are they bad and why should people stay away from them?

Topic starter
(@kibbles)
Posted by: Robert

I don't think the issue was in these requirements. It would be very helpful if you could install a test Wordpress in some subDisrectory, say /wp/ and try wpForo again. Try to find the error message, or check the error logs.

so do you mean that not meeting the requirements isn't a deal breaker? also i'm not too sure what you mean with that subdirectory stuff. i guess i can try installing wpforo on my server again and see if there are any errors. after i find out how to check for errors, of course. would this suffice?

it will most likely break my website again, but i can restore another backup if so.

(@anonymous20)
Noble Member

@kibbles

You worry too much for requirements. To see what caused your crash and errors, check this:

https://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress

Just add to your WP wp-config.php

define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

and check in wp-content folder for WP_DEBUG.LOG file for errors.

Also about HostGator, it was good before bought from EIG group.

Page 3 / 4