Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] How to remove a WordPress theme and make WPFORO the main theme?

9 Posts
3 Users
3 Likes
alexas
Topic starter
(@alexas)
Eminent Member

I checked the website loading speed and the old WordPress theme slows down pagespeed.
How to remove an old theme in /wp-admin/themes.php
And how to make sure that only the topic is WPFORO?
I want to get rid of all the unnecessary burden of the old site for the sake of clarity in pagespeed.
Thanks a lot in advance for your help and, as always, I hope for you!

Topic Tags
8 Replies
Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)
Support Team

@alexas,

I'm really sorry, but this cannot be done. If you're going to use only the wpForo I may suggest you use the "Turn WordPress to wpForo" option and choose one of the default WordPress themes. Please attentively read the doc before enabling the option.

7 Replies
alexas
(@alexas)

Eminent Member

@sofy

You did not understand. This is what I want to delete and so that WPFORO the theme is the main WordPress.

Is it possible?

st7878
(@aima-forum)

Estimable Member

@alexas

Posted by: @sofy

I'm really sorry, but this cannot be done.

This is the answer to your question. If you want faster, install a fast theme.

alexas
(@alexas)

Eminent Member

@ st7878

can you tell me a quick WordPress theme? To be absolutely empty for speed. Thanks in advance.
Yes, apparently the matter is in the theme of WordPress. Very grateful!

st7878
(@aima-forum)

Estimable Member

@alexas
Free: GeneratePress, Elementor, Neve, Astra
Premium: Schema, StudioPress, Divi

My forum https://aima.in.ua/ -> GeneratePress

alexas
(@alexas)

Eminent Member

@ st7878

Thank you very much fellow countryman! I have already used the Astra theme and other high-speed ones, checked the download speed, compared. gtmetrix shows 80% speed.
Neve showed the maximum speed. But the appearance is terrible on all themes, 15 pieces tried from the test speed
It's strange why WPFPRO developers won't create the fastest topic inside the forum without all this WordPress.

st7878
(@aima-forum)

Estimable Member

@alexas Or beauty, or speed)))

Posted by: @alexas

It's strange why WPFPRO developers won't create the fastest topic inside the forum without all this WordPress.

What for? WPforo itself is very fast. I don't use any third-party theme elements (GeneratePress) at all. Even disabled the menu)))

alexas
(@alexas)

Eminent Member

@st7878

So I want the left theme to turn off this unwieldy design and just leave it! But I ask how to do this and all the WordPress themes advise ... The developer wrote above that this is impossible. And the topic, by the way, slows down the search engine, and the position is lower in the search. Although from search engines only I have about 20% traffic, but still the speed of the site is one of the key points of success.
What is the solution for me? I am not satisfied with other topics. So leave it as it is)