wpForo 1.x.x [Solved] I can't edit using Appearance / Editor

15 Posts
3 Users
1 Likes
26.4 K Views
Topic starter
(@anonymous20)
Noble Member

There is a problem with wpForo (not sure if this is due to the updated version or older).

When wpForo is activated, i can't  edit using Appearance / Editor. When saving, it looks stuck and after 2 minutes i get:

Unable to communicate back with site to check for fatal errors, so the PHP change was reverted. You will need to upload your PHP file change by some other means, such as by using SFTP.

Thanks

(a lot of people has that with several plugins, so i found wpForo by disabling/enabling my plugins)

14 Replies
3 Replies
(@anonymous20)

Noble Member
Posted by: Anonymous20

There is a problem with wpForo (not sure if this is due to the updated version or older).

When wpForo is activated, i can't  edit using Appearance / Editor. When saving, it looks stuck and after 2 minutes i get:

Unable to communicate back with site to check for fatal errors, so the PHP change was reverted. You will need to upload your PHP file change by some other means, such as by using SFTP.

Thanks

(a lot of people has that with several plugins, so i found wpForo by disabling/enabling my plugins)

@robert could this

https://wpforo.com/community/how-to-and-troubleshooting-2/noticed-some-missed-wp-cronjobs/#post-19452

be related to the above ? The poster says he can't edit themes and extensions.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@robert could this

https://wpforo.com/community/how-to-and-troubleshooting-2/noticed-some-missed-wp-cronjobs/#post-19452

No they have no any relation and wpForo doesn't have any affection on cron-job, it's not proved yet. We're still investigating. In any case the cron-job issues have no any relation to that.

We'll check this issue, in meantime I recommend use WP Editor plugin it works just fine. It brings more powerful editor for plugin and theme files. It's not updated for log time, but it doesn't matter, it still compatible for Single Site Installations of WordPress. Not for Multisites.

(@anonymous20)

Noble Member
Posted by: Robert

@robert could this

No they have no any relation and wpForo doesn't have any affection on cron-job, it's not proved yet. We're still investigating. In any case the cron-job issues have no any relation to that.

We'll check this issue, in meantime I recommend use WP Editor plugin it works just fine. It brings more powerful editor for plugin and theme files. It's not updated for log time, but it doesn't matter, it still compatible for Single Site Installations of WordPress. Not for Multisites.

I'm no talking about CRON Jobs. I'm talking that the poster said that he can't edit files. Same as myself.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

I don't see any information related to editing files in the post you've mentioned:

1 Reply
(@anonymous20)

Noble Member
Posted by: Robert

I don't see any information related to editing files in the post you've mentioned:

It is there, here is a quote:

Callback to site failed, this may prevent WP_Cron from working, as well as prevent editing of themes and extensions. An error occured: (0) cURL error 28: Operation timed out after 10001 milliseconds with 0 bytes received.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

This issue maybe related to "loopback". We'll continue to check it.

The first thing to do is contact your hosting company and ask the hosting support team to check the following points :

Topic starter
(@anonymous20)
Noble Member

@robert i will not do the above. Nothing wrong with all that. I even disabled mod_security just in case. No luck.

The problem occurs only when wpForo is activated. I could say that it is a conflict between plugins, BUT the problem also happens in my empty-no-plugins WP test site.

The only thing i will (try to) do is ask my hosting company to check if they see any more details for the original error at the top, since my debug.log is empty.

Topic starter
(@anonymous20)
Noble Member

It seems that this is all over the Internet for several WP Plugins. Most of them had this issue:

In most cases, the issue lies with an open “session_start()” function being called unconditionally, meaning that the plugin or theme is trying to initiate PHP Sessions everywhere on the site, instead of strictly where it is needed. WordPress does not use PHP Sessions, and as such sessions should not be initiated on the editor pages.

Page 1 / 2