wpForo 1.x.x [Solved] Noticed some missed WP cronjobs

13 Posts
4 Users
1 Likes
arcticsolutions
Topic starter
(@arcticsolutions)
Eminent Member

After the install of wpForo i have noticed that now and then WP cronjobs fails so i did a full health check of the site and found the following problems:

An extension prevents updates by disabling wp_version_check ()

Callback to site failed, this may prevent WP_Cron from working, as well as prevent editing of themes and extensions. An error occured: (0) cURL error 28: Operation timed out after 10001 milliseconds with 0 bytes received.

I also get this PHP warning in my debug log when anyone visit forum page.

[23-Aug-2018 12:48:17 UTC] PHP Warning: array_key_exists() expects parameter 2 to be array, boolean given in /plugins/wordpress-seo-premium/frontend/class-json-ld.php on line 117

After the normal job of disable plugins and test with standard theme etc. I found that wpForo was the problem. When i disable wpForo everything works as normal.

Rune

12 Replies
1 Reply
Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team
Posted by: arcticsolutions

After the install of wpForo i have noticed that now and then WP cronjobs fails so i did a full health check of the site and found the following problems:

Callback to site failed, this may prevent WP_Cron from working, as well as prevent editing of themes and extensions. An error occured: (0) cURL error 28: Operation timed out after 10001 milliseconds with 0 bytes received.

Rune

Please try the solution mentioned here: https://wpforo.com/community/how-to-and-troubleshooting-2/i-cant-edit-using-appearance-editor/#post-19562

arcticsolutions
Topic starter
(@arcticsolutions)
Eminent Member

Any thoughts on this as mentioned in previous post?

An extension prevents updates by disabling wp_version_check (), callback to site failed, this may prevent WP_Cron from working

I hade to move my coupon mailer to server cronjob as it was so unpredictable when wpForo is active.

Thanks
Rune

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

We've fixed some conflicts with Yoast in next version. if you need it fx urgently please follow the instruction below.

From the wpForo side I recommend you edit this file:

/wp-content/plugins/wpforo/wpf-includes/functions-integration.php

Find this line:

add_filter( 'wpseo_breadcrumb_single_link_info', '__return_false' );

Change to this:

//add_filter( 'wpseo_breadcrumb_single_link_info', '__return_false' );

arcticsolutions
Topic starter
(@arcticsolutions)
Eminent Member

I have already fixed the Yoast issue but the issues below is still unsolved. It seems like wpForo disables the wp_version_check () and that cause my WP crons beeing very unstable:

Thanks
Rune

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

It seems like wpForo disables the wp_version_check ().

There is no way to disable it. wpForo has no relation to this function. I think this is affected by other points of conflicts. wpForo doesn't have any relation to he version function and cronjob.

Page 1 / 2