Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Solved] I have tried login in but the page does not appear.

7 Posts
2 Users
2 Reactions
Topic starter
(@kevintian)
Eminent Member

Hi, I am running a forum. But I am a newbie. 

This morning I have got an email that people say he can not log in because the login page disappeared.

So I click the login and the page shows: [ultimatemember form_id="25165"]

I do not know, because I did some adjustments to the Dashboard yesterday.

So I am not clear what happened. Maybe I put some URL in the attached picture but did not use any plugin for register.

I use the WPforo for my forum, and the register/login page is just what looks like in this forum. 

Please help me go back to the page. thanks.

6 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

@kevintian,

wpForo doesn't have any relation to your login page, as far as I see you use the UM plugin login page, so please contact to UM support: https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/ultimate-member/

wpForo has its own login/registration pages, they can be accessed with the following links, they don't require any page:

• Login: example.com/community/?foro=signin
  • Register: example.com/community/?foro=signup
1 Reply
(@kevintian)

Eminent Member

@robert  Thanks so much for your reply! I seem to understand some of the logic. But when I took over this forum two months ago, I did not see anything about UM plugin in my Dashboard. Just like you, I noticed that [ultimatemember form_id="25165"] is a shortcode for this login page. so, I checked what is ultimatemember form and found the UM plugin. Then I have to install it and fixed my issue.

The question is that:

1.  I know that I was using wpForo's own login/registration pages before I found ultimatemember is a plugin and install it. So the problem is I have no idea why my default wpForo's own login/registration pages became to show [ultimatemember form_id="25165"]. Could it be that I have once changed the "Custom Authorization URLs" 

2. When I found this issue, I have tried to find some method to fix it on Youtube and learned "shortcode", I go to the "Register page" and add the shortcode_[/%wpforo-register%/], it did not fix the issue. Is there anything wrong with my understanding?

3. If I would like to use wpForo's own login/registration pages back, what should I do? Delete the UM plugin and then? Now almost all user avatars show blank, I guess it is because UM plugin does not have the avatars like wpForo's do before.

Sorry for bothering you with so many words. It would be appreciated if you could help me understand this.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team
Posted by: @kevintian

1.  I know that I was using wpForo's own login/registration pages before I found ultimatemember is a plugin and install it. So the problem is I have no idea why my default wpForo's own login/registration pages became to show [ultimatemember form_id="25165"]. Could it be that I have once changed the "Custom Authorization URLs" 

Yes, it should come from the "Custom Authorization URLs" option. In any case please go to Dashboard > Forums > Dashboard and click the [Delete all cache] button.

Also, go to Dashboard > Appearance > Menus. Select the forum menu and check the login/register items.

2. When I found this issue, I have tried to find some method to fix it on Youtube and learned "shortcode", I go to the "Register page" and add the shortcode_[/%wpforo-register%/], it did not fix the issue. Is there anything wrong with my understanding?

This is not a regular shortcode. Don't use it in page content or with square brackets. These are used in the Custom menu URL field as it's shown in the documentation: https://wpforo.com/docs/root/getting-started/forum-menu/

3. If I would like to use wpForo's own login/registration pages back, what should I do? Delete the UM plugin and then? Now almost all user avatars show blank, I guess it is because UM plugin does not have the avatars like wpForo's do before.

I'm sorry but I there is no way to regenerate avatars in forum.

3 Replies
(@kevintian)

Eminent Member

@robert  Thank you, I just gave a 5-star review on the plugin page.

Dashboard > Forums > Dashboard and click the [Delete all cache] button.

May I ask that [delete all cache] is required all the time after I did some change in the dashboard?

Because I recall that sometimes when I changed something, it will become effective the next day, instead of becoming effective immediately. I never used [Delete all cache] before and thought that it was server latency.

If I did not [Delete all cache], how long does it take to become effective in general?

The default avatars are blank now, it is too ugly. Do you have any other method?

Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

Thank you very much, @kevintian 

May I ask that [delete all cache] is required all the time after I did some change in the dashboard?

No, it's not required.

If I did not [Delete all cache], how long does it take to become effective in general?

You should see the change immediately if you don't have other cache plugins. If you have other cache plugins you should exclude wpForo forum page from them. Here is the instruction: https://wpforo.com/community/faq/wpforo-and-cache-plugins/

The default avatars are blank now, it is too ugly. Do you have any other method?

I think you should ask this question to Ultimate members plugin support. These avatars come from UM plugin. So UM plugin affects forum user plugins and adds its own. You can try Leira Letter Avatar plugin and (after installation go to the plugin settings and enable the letter avatars): https://wordpress.org/plugins/leira-letter-avatar/

(@kevintian)

Eminent Member

@robert 

I think you should ask this question to Ultimate members plugin support. These avatars come from UM plugin. So UM plugin affects forum user plugins and adds its own. You can try Leira Letter Avatar plugin and (after installation go to the plugin settings and enable the letter avatars):  https://wordpress.org/plugins/leira-letter-avatar/

I deactivate the UM plugin now and will not use it anymore. And now the register and login page is Wpforo default page, I think it works better. The loading speed is faster when I click it. Thanks!