Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Solved] Implementing Forum to one page

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@jjohn198)

I'm looking to implement a forum page on to my already established website but having difficulty adding it via Elementor.  How is this accomplished? Would it need to be a block added to the page or since I'm already using a theme, would it not apply?

3 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

@jjohn198,

You don't need Elementor for the forum page. Your forum page should already be created and it should be available if you call the /community/ slug with your domain.

If it's not there, then don't use Elementor Blocks. The [wpforo] shortcode should be inserted in a simple classic text editor box as a regular text (don't use shortcode boxes) in dashboard, not on the frontend.

2 Replies
(@jjohn198)

@robert Thank you!  I was able to locate it in the pages as "Forum" however, I want to eliminate a lot of the extra (Members, My profile, register, login, logout) with it and open it up to everyone who uses my site.   Is there also a way to embed this within my site to make it look alot cleaner.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@jjohn198,

Please don't open Elementor on the forum page. It doesn't have anything to do with the forum section.

First please go to Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Styles admin page and change the style to the Dark mode. Your website uses dark theme, so it would be better to use the forum Dark style.

wpForo menu is a simple WordPress menu. If you want to manage menus, you should go to Dashboard > Appearance > Menus admin page, choose the wpForo navigation in the drop-down menu and do whatever you want. The documentation: https://wpforo.com/docs/root/getting-started/forum-menu/