5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
lantaarntje
Topic starter
(@lantaarntje)
Trusted Member

Hi,

I have the same request regarding: https://wpforo.com/community/how-to-and-troubleshooting-2/recent-posts-4/#post-21538

That only the lastest post per topic is shown with unread/read marker and not a long list of recent replies to one topic. Our users have to look to 2 widgets to see what is the latest post/reply to a topic [Recent Post Widget] and what topic is the latest [Recent Topic Widget].  

Solution: Merge the 2 Widgets to 1?

4 Replies
1 Reply
Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team
Posted by: @lantaarntje

That only the lastest post per topic is shown with unread/read marker and not a long list of recent replies to one topic. Our users have to look to 2 widgets to see what is the latest post/reply to a topic [Recent Post Widget] and what topic is the latest [Recent Topic Widget].  

wpForo widgets are updated and you have lots of options. You can set limit by topic and set more than 1 post. For example this configuration of "wpForo Recent Posts" widget may do the job:

VereK
(@verek)
Honorable Member

In the dashboard/appearance/widgets/wpforo Sidebar/recent posts reduce the "limit per topic" to 1. That way only the latest post per topic is displayed.

VereK
(@verek)
Honorable Member

@lantaarntje

If you want to get fancy install this plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-auto-reload-widgets/ which will auto update the widget at the intervals (180 seconds is a pretty good interval for most boards) you set thereby ensuring fresh content. 

lantaarntje
Topic starter
(@lantaarntje)
Trusted Member
Posted by: @verek

In the dashboard/appearance/widgets/wpforo Sidebar/recent posts reduce the "limit per topic" to 1. That way only the latest post per topic is displayed.

Nice and indeed this functions better but i like to have it on the front page and not on a sidebar of the forum.

I saw this option at the wpforo sidebar with the recent post widget enabled:

set 0 to remove this limit

and thats the option im looking for the widget on the frontpage Last Post