Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Solved] Limit permissions to categories and forums

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@viikka)

Hello,

I would like guest users to be able to see categories and forums names, but not topics. When I set guest user permission to view forum only, user is still able to click on forum name and see the list of topics...and I don't want user to be able to do so. What can I do in this case? Thank you! 

Topic Tags
4 Replies
Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)
Support Team

Hi viikka,

This is designed to work in this way. I'm really sorry, but you should either uncheck "Can view forum" permission (in this case none of the forums and themes will be displayed),  or enable this CAN, which means that the topic list will be displayed. 

3 Replies
(@viikka)

Ok, if I uncheck can view forum permission, there is no way to show that users should login or register to access it. Is there any way to add a notification like please login or register to view forum? Otherwise it looks like there is nothing on the page..

Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)

Support Team

@viikka,

I'd suggest you using wpForo admin message in this case.

You can find the "Admin note/message on Forum frontend" feature (Dashboard > Forums > Tools > Misc admin page). 

The Admin message will be displayed under the forum breadcrumb menu, above forum and topic titles. 

(@viikka)

wow nice! Thanks a lot