Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Solved] Login and register button do not work

9 Posts
2 Users
2 Reactions
Topic starter
(@josefk)

Hi all,

I am new to wpforo and it's also the first forum I am creating so my questions might be quite basic.

1) When clicking on "login" or "register" I am getting the following error message "404, Oops, the page you requested was not found. You can go to Forum Home page or search here." Do you know how I can fix this problem?

2)I followed this guide "https://wpforo.com/community/faq/how-to-load-forum-on-home-page/" and I also tried selecting the option "Turn WordPress to wpForo" in Forum/Settings in order to make the Forum my primary homepage. However, I can still see the WordPress logo, "Log in", "Register" and a Search icon on the top of the page. Can I remove this? I would like to entirely remove the header and also the footer if possible.

3) Between the header and the forum there is some white space. Can I remove this space so the page starts directly with the forum?

4) When I check out the forum on a mobile phone I cannot see any login/register button. However, I would like to see a message saying e.g. "Hello Guest, please login or register" with the option to click on login/register and create an account/login. Is it possible to create an option to login/register for users via phone?

5) I am using BuddyPress and Akismet as plugins. How can I check if those plugins work correctly?

6) Is there a list of other forums created with wpForo so I can get inspired by further functions/layouts etc?

Sorry for all the questions, but as I said I have never created a page on the internet before so this is all very new for me.

Josef

Topic Tags
8 Replies
Chris
(@chris)
Famed Member

Hi @josefk,

Posted by: @josefk

1) When clicking on "login" or "register" I am getting the following error message "404, Oops, the page you requested was not found. You can go to Forum Home page or search here." Do you know how I can fix this problem?

Go to Dashboard > Appearance > Menus, Select Custom Link Field from Left side, Use wpForo Menus Shortcodes and insert the needed shortcode in URL Field, Write The Name, For Example`

URL: /%wpforo-login%/

Link Text: Login

2)I followed this guide "https://wpforo.com/community/faq/how-to-load-forum-on-home-page/" and I also tried selecting the option "Turn WordPress to wpForo" in Forum/Settings in order to make the Forum my primary homepage. However, I can still see the WordPress logo, "Log in", "Register" and a Search icon on the top of the page. Can I remove this? I would like to entirely remove the header and also the footer if possible.

Go to Dashboard > Appearance > Theme Editor, select Theme Functions From the right side, insert the below code there:

add_filter( ‘show_admin_bar’, ‘__return_false’ , 1000 );

3) Between the header and the forum there is some white space. Can I remove this space so the page starts directly with the forum?

Go to Dashboard > Forums > Settings >Style Tab, insert the below code in Custom CSS Code Field:

nav.navbar-custom {
    display: none !important;
}

header.header-info {
}

4) When I check out the forum on a mobile phone I cannot see any login/register button. Is it possible to create an option to login/register for users via phone?

Using wpForo with mobile, user must press the hamburger button to open the menu links, in your case, the hamburger button is very dark it is very difficult to see,

However, I would like to see a message saying e.g. "Hello Guest, please login or register" with the option to click on login/register and create an account/login.

You can Create Admin Note, Select` Display for Usergroups and Display on forum pages, add The text you want, insert links in the text, For Example` Please Sign In or Sign Up

5) I am using BuddyPress and Akismet as plugins. How can I check if those plugins work correctly?

Akismet and BuddyPress are well integrated with wpForo,

6) Is there a list of other forums created with wpForo so I can get inspired by further functions/layouts etc?

By the below Link, You can see our Users Forum Showcases:

https://wpforo.com/community/wpforo-showcase/

7 Replies
(@josefk)

Hi Chris,

Many thanks for your reply. I just have some follow up questions. I understand that those questions might seem very basic for you but as I said, I just started and this is the first page I am creating so far.

Posted by: @chris

Hi @josefk,

Go to Dashboard > Appearance > Menus, Select Custom Link Field from Left side, Use wpForo Menus Shortcodes and insert the needed shortcode in URL Field, Write The Name, For Example`

URL: /%wpforo-login%/

Link Text: Login

Thanks. I checked and it seems that the shortcodes were already prefilled correctly. Do you know if there might be any other reason the login and register button do not work?

Go to Dashboard > Appearance > Theme Editor, select Theme Functions From the right side, insert the below code there:

add_filter( ‘show_admin_bar’, ‘__return_false’ , 1000 );

Thanks! is there a specific location in the code where I need to insert this line. I inserted it as shown in the screenshot "question 2" attached but it seems that the header and footer are still there.

Go to Dashboard > Forums > Settings >Style Tab, insert the below code in Custom CSS Code Field:

nav.navbar-custom {
}

header.header-info {
}

Thanks! this worked perfectly fine when selecting "Members", "Recent Posts", "Register" and "Login". However it does not work for my primary page or when I click on "Forum". Is there any reason why it does not work for the first "Forum" page? I inserted it just after the text in bold below that was already in the CSS Code Field. I hope that's ok?

#wpforo-wrap {
font-size: 13px; width: 100%; padding:10px 0; margin:0px;
}

nav.navbar-custom {
}

header.header-info {
}

4) When I check out the forum on a mobile phone I cannot see any login/register button. Is it possible to create an option to login/register for users via phone?

Using wpForo with mobile, user must press the hamburger button to open the menu links, in your case, the hamburger button is very dark it is very difficult to see,

Thanks. I changed the colour styles from "dark" to "default"  in Dashboard > Forums > Settings >Style Tab and I can see the hamburger button clearly now.

However, I would like to see a message saying e.g. "Hello Guest, please login or register" with the option to click on login/register and create an account/login.

You can Create Admin Note, Select` Display for Usergroups and Display on forum pages, add The text you want, insert links in the text, For Example` Please Sign In or Sign Up

Akismet and BuddyPress are well integrated with wpForo,

Thanks! I created the admin note and selected "Display for User groups" -> "Guest" and "Display on forum pages" -> "all options" given that I only want to display the message only to people that did not sign up/sign in yet.

By the below Link, You can see our Users Forum Showcases:

https://wpforo.com/community/wpforo-showcase/

Some great inspiration there. Those forums definitely look a lot more modern and stylish than mine. 🙂 I love this one for example: https://tqarb.com/

It looks so modern compared to mine. 🙂

Thanks again for your help!

Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@josefk,

Thanks! is there a specific location in the code where I need to insert this line. I inserted it as shown in the screenshot "question 2" attached but it seems that the header and footer are still there.

insert it in the end(bottom).

Thanks! this worked perfectly fine when selecting "Members", "Recent Posts", "Register" and "Login". However it does not work for my primary page or when I click on "Forum". Is there any reason why it does not work for the first "Forum" page? I inserted it just after the text in bold below that was already in the CSS Code Field. I hope that's ok?

I don't see anything wrong, 

(@josefk)

Posted by: @chris

@josefk,

insert it in the end(bottom).

@chris, thanks. I added it at the end (see screenshot). However I can still see the login and register bar of wordpress. Did I do anything wrong? How could I remove this bar by wordpress?

Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@josefk,

Go to Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Feature Tab and check that Show Admin Bar for Members option is disabled.

(@josefk)

@chris I just checked and it was already disabled before. Could there be any other solution to fix this?

Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@josefk,

I have found a Guide with 4 different ways to hide the admin bar, check the below Link, I guess this should help you to solve the problem.

https://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-disable-wordpress-admin-bar-for-all-users-except-administrators/#:~:text=Simply%20go%20to%20the%20Users,toolbar%20when%20viewing%20sit e'%20option.

(@josefk)

@chris Super, danke! Hat funktioniert!