Clear all

[Solved] Manual re-activating users that change their password

15 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@cotner)
Estimable Member

Right now, I have wpForo set to manually approve users when they register. This allows me to stop spam very well since I have a custom field that spammers tend to give themselves away when they register. So I like having the manual approval process.

But since I have turned that feature on, I am having to manually approve/activate users when they change their password.

Is there a way to keep the manual approval process for new registrations, but have password changes for already active users be automatic? I find it strange that they get set to inactive when they change their passwords. Maybe there is a WP setting I am missing? Any help would be great.

Topic Tags
14 Replies
Chris
(@chris)
Famed Member

Hi @cotner,

Can you provide the Settings set for that users, Usergroup Settings and Spam Control Settings?

Topic starter
(@cotner)
Estimable Member

Here is my registered user group settings. (I have spam turned off since I manually approve users)

2 Replies
Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@cotner,

I don't think that the issue is from wpForo. I tried to get the user to be approved after they changed their password, but the users changes the profile password and doesn't need to be approved the second time.

(@cotner)

Estimable Member
Posted by: @chris

@cotner,

I don't think that the issue is from wpForo. I tried to get the user to be approved after they changed their password, but the users changes the profile password and doesn't need to be approved the second time.

I was thinking the same thing... but for the life of me I cannot find a setting in WP that is causing this.

Topic starter
(@cotner)
Estimable Member

I am wondering if there is some sort of conflict with "Enable User Registration email confirmation"? I have turned that off since I manually approve each new user. I am wondering if that was causing issues when a current user reset their passwords?

I switched from phpBB during the hockey offseason. Now that the season has started, many users have returned to the site and are force to reset their password.

It will be interesting to see what this tweak does and if I have to keep activating those users.

Topic starter
(@cotner)
Estimable Member

Nope... That wasn't it.

So I have no clue what it is.

1 Reply
Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@cotner,

Try deactivating all plugins which can be related to that issue.

Have you tried to change user password from Dashboard > Users?

Page 1 / 2