wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Mentioning group

9 Posts
6 Users
3 Likes
calabuig
Topic starter
(@calabuig)

Hi,

I have tested this group of users for example those registered with @registered and it does not work

How can a user group be mentioned?

Thanks,

Best regards

8 Replies
2 Replies
Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)

Support Team

Hi @calabuig,

I'm sorry, but there is not such Usergroup mentioning feature yet. We'll take it into consideration for future releases. 

(@thedrawingboard)

Trusted Member

This would be SO AWESOME to send a notification to every forum member!

I really hope this happens soon.

Thanks for considering it as an update.

VereK
(@verek)
Honorable Member

This would be a very bad idea unless the usage thereof is restricted to the admin group. 

1 Reply
(@thedrawingboard)

Trusted Member

Absolutely, it would have to be restricted. I think to JUST the Admin (which in my case, is just me). 

We are using wp-Foro as a team networking space, so not quite like a typical forum. We used to have a space on a different platform and the Admin (me) could send a message (email) to all team members at one time. This was a critical tool to have when there was something very important to make sure the entire team was aware of (usually time-sensitive events, etc.). 

Team members always had the option to opt-out of receiving those team notifications, but most team members did not opt-out, as they saw the value in those email messages. 

These kinds of messages were only sent maybe twice a year at most. Unless something critical came up.

I REALLY miss having this feature in our new wp-Foro space! I found it an invaluable tool. 

When we first moved from our old team space, we started using Slack.

Even with Slack, you can send a notification to ALL team members just by using the @channel mention. Again, this was an invaluable feature for those important notes you wanted to make sure all team members were aware of. 

I really DO wish this were a feature here in wp-Foro!

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

This feature is a spam generator tool. I'm sorry but we'll not add this feature in future releases.

2 Replies
(@thedrawingboard)

Trusted Member

This is really unfortunate. 

I can understand how it could be used to generate spam, but when used for legitimate purposes, like I mentioned in my reply above, it is an invaluable tool. 

The last two spaces we used for our team, had this ability to notify all team members in one message. While it isn't something we needed to use often, it was critical to have when we did need it. 

This is definitely a feature I miss having in wp-Foro. As it is now, I literally have to email each team member individually (because I don't want to share email addresses with other team members, and that would happen in a group email). This is very time consuming! The problem could be solved with a simple @mention to all registered users. And of course, restricting this ability to ONLY Admin. No other team member (user group) would need this feature. 

I hope this is a feature you'll reconsider in the future. It is very helpful to teams like ours.

Thank you.

(@anonymous3542)

Honorable Member

@thedrawingboard you could get something "similar" with Buddypress and the notify all feature... Just a thought.

VereK
(@verek)
Honorable Member

A suggestion would be for WPForo to add an email message system to the Tools system,similar the to the Admin Note feature; with options to which user groups you want to message. Such would need a throttle or batch sending mechanism though.