[Solved] Moderators error "Sorry, you are not allowed to access this page"

12 Posts
4 Users
1 Reactions
ffooccuuss
Topic starter
(@ffooccuuss)
Eminent Member

We recently converted our forums to WPForo. Everyone loves the change! Much cleaner interface and much faster (previously on Asgaros). 

I am still getting used to some of the nooks and crannies that any new application has. One thing I am tripping over now is my moderators are getting an error message when they try to moderate a new post: "Sorry, you are not allowed to access this page". I think I have the permissions set correctly. Here is what I am using now. What am I missing? 

11 Replies
dimalifragis
ffooccuuss
Topic starter
(@ffooccuuss)
Eminent Member

Thank you, dima*. I have the usergroups table and it is not empty (from your reference). But that post from Robert (2018) was referring to the admin role and the OP never responded with useful information. 

Here is my current usergroups table. Something is preventing my moderators from accessing the moderation function to approve a post in the moderation queue. 

1 Reply
VereK
(@verek)

Honorable Member

@ffooccuuss 

And what does your Dashboard-wpForo-Accesses-Moderator access say?

ffooccuuss
Topic starter
(@ffooccuuss)
Eminent Member

Here is my moderator accesses page. 

1 Reply
dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)

Famed Member

@ffooccuuss How to they try to moderate the post? What is the exact link the are trying to access when they get the warning?

Could be that this warning doesn't come from wpforo.....

ffooccuuss
Topic starter
(@ffooccuuss)
Eminent Member

I have a test user I created and assigned as moderator role. In that incognito browser dashboard I see the admin bar with the forums menu item showing one message to moderate. When I hover over it and then click the moderation label I see that message. The URL is: 

https://sidecar.com/wp-admin/admin.php?page=wpforo-moderations

I also noticed that the admin bar goes completely black at that point. Maybe it is supposed to, IDK. 

Here's a screenshot. 

Page 1 / 2