Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Nesting replies

8 Posts
4 Users
1 Likes
Topic starter
(@anjana)

How to set nesting replies to 0 means for Parent topic there will be a reply but no reply for a reply (nested reply).

Also please can you help me out for how to stop the reply for the topic.

Thank you in advance

7 Replies
Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)
Support Team
Posted by: @anjana

How to set nesting replies to 0 means for Parent topic there will be a reply but no reply for a reply (nested reply).

Please change the value of the "Threaded Layout - Replies Nesting Levels Deep" option. It can be in the Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Topics & Posts Tab. 

Also please can you help me out for how to stop the reply for the topic.

Do you mean close the current topic? Is so please see the screenshot: 

https://www.screencast.com/t/5Vyo0y6qx

4 Replies
(@anjana)

@sofy

I tried the same way you told me but it is not working

Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)

Support Team

@anjana

Could you please explain what do you mean saying "it is not working"? I'd be easy for us to understand the issue if you provide some screenshots. 

(@anjana)

@sofy

I mean to say that i have set the 'Threaded Layout - Replies Nesting Levels Deep' value to 0 but still nesting reply is coming

(@tennis2table)

Eminent Member

@anjana Did you find a solution to deactivate the nested layout on Treaded and make sure that the answers are put at the bottom of the forum?

(@tennis2table)
Eminent Member

I think the user is trying to do the same as me. Use the Treaded forum without nested replies.
I want the responses displayed at the bottom and not pasted to the post where we respond. Is it possible ?

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

The option "Threaded Layout - Replies Nesting Levels Deep" in Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Topics & Posts Tab controls the maximum nesting levels of thread replies.