Notifications
Clear all

Script [Solved] Oh what have you done to me?

5 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
Topic starter
(@atomz)

I know I've been called an "egghead" before, but this is taking it too far! As the pic shows, the widget displaying the members online has turned my gravatar into an oval ! (Possible 'cos it's using a preset height attribute when the width attribute was reduced?)

Also, is it poss to change what 'images' appear below the member's profile widget? I want to remove the RSS and LOGOUT widgets, (the latter is handled by a membership site plugin)

On a slight tangent, a lot of people seem to be asking how to remove the wpForo sidebar. What I did was delete all the widgets in that menu, and use "No title with sidebar" option in post setting. One slight drawback is that the menu seems to extend up into the wp-nav area such that any extra code added to that menu will "break" at the width where the menu should be. (I got around that my shortening the titles used on the buttons)

4 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team
Posted by: @atomz

I know I've been called an "egghead" before, but this is taking it too far! As the pic shows, the widget displaying the members online has turned my gravatar into an oval ! (Possible 'cos it's using a preset height attribute when the width attribute was reduced?)

Insert this CSS code in Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Styles > Custom CSS Code textarea, save it, delete all caches, go to forum front-end and press Ctrl+F5:

#wpforo #wpf-widget-online-users .wpforo-widget-content a.onlineavatar, 
#wpf-widget-online-users .wpforo-widget-content a.onlineavatar{
   width: 54px;
   height: 54px;
}
#wpforo #wpf-widget-online-users .wpforo-widget-content a.onlineavatar img, 
#wpf-widget-online-users .wpforo-widget-content a.onlineavatar img{
   width: 50px;
   height: 50px;
}

Also, is it poss to change what 'images' appear below the member's profile widget?

Dashboard > Appearance > Widgets:

I want to remove the RSS and LOGOUT widgets, (the latter is handled by a membership site plugin)

Go to Dashboard > Appearance > Widgets and remove whatever you want from any sidebar you need.

On a slight tangent, a lot of people seem to be asking how to remove the wpForo sidebar.

You don't have wpForo sidebar, the space in the screenshot is just a space for [Add topic] button, it's not a sidebar space. You're using your theme sidebar on the wpForo page, there is no wpForo sidebar there.

Topic starter
(@atomz)

Thanks for the reply, and will implement them later.

Just an update. The reason I thought the WPForo bar may be taking up invisible space was because when I added an extra item to the wp_menu bar, it wraps to the next line as there seems to be an "edge" level with the edge of the underlying right indented text. When on a full page template, the bar does extend with no wrap

1 Reply
(@atomz)

Image CSS works fine - thanks.

I tried amending the Appearance ->Widgets (Hide buttons) ... but unfortunately, that hides ALL the buttons in that row, and not just the RSS / red arrow logout buttons at the end. I'll take a look at the code. If they have ID's, might be able to get away with custom css:

.icon_name{display:none;visibility:hidden}

Topic starter
(@atomz)

Cracked it ! (Only taken three hours!) I placed some hidden javascript in the footer tag. That scans the document for the title of "Logout". It then removes the <a> ... </a> tag from start to finish

<script>
var links = document.getElementsByTagName("a");
for (var i = 0; i < links.length; ++i) {
var chk=links[i].title;
if (chk =='Logout'){
links[i].outerHTML='';
break;
}
}
</script>