wpForo 1.x.x [Solved] Participants

13 Posts
2 Users
1 Reactions
Topic starter
(@russ2204)
Trusted Member

Hi

Out of the blue 120 of my users now have the 'participant' role in Wp - this role is apparently associated with forums.  How were they allocated this role and by whom ?  Those with the role make no sense to me, some of which have no forum access!

12 Replies
Chris
(@chris)
Famed Member

@russ2204,

Check these screenshots

Topic starter
(@russ2204)
Trusted Member

Thanks - I see this but nothing refers to participants.... am I missing something ?

1 Reply
Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@russ2204,

Read this topic about wpForo Usergroups, Forum Accesses and WordPress User Roles, if it won't help you let us know.

https://wpforo.com/community/faq/wordpress-user-roles-wpforo-usergroups-and-forum-accesses/

Topic starter
(@russ2204)
Trusted Member

Thanks Chris

Yes I read this and understand how the UserGroups work - I just don't understand why suddenly I have 120 participants when I have not setup anything to do with participants either in WP or WPForo.

1 Reply
Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@russ2204,

The problem can be from that you have chosen New User Default Role - Participant in Dashboard > Settings > General because of that all of your new users have been registered as participant.

Or you have changed one or several wpForo Usergroups User Roles from X to Participant, which has changed your 120 users from X User Role to Participant

Topic starter
(@russ2204)
Trusted Member

New User Default Role - Participant in Dashboard > Settings > General

I don't see this anywhere........

1 Reply
Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@russ2204,

Check the screenshot above.

Page 1 / 2