[Closed] Pixelated images in the forum

8 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@berndg)
Reputable Member

Hi,

we recently have a problem with the display of images on the forum pages. They appear roughly pixelated here, unlike on the blog where the same images appear normally.

We have been using the plugin "Converter for Media" for a long time to reduce the amount of data and create modern image formats like WebP and AVIF, so far without problems also on the forum pages. Both WPForo and Converter for Media have had updates in recent weeks, but I can't assign the occurrence of the problems to a specific date.

Does anyone have an idea, could someone please take a look at it?

Thanks, Bernd

7 Replies
Chris
(@chris)
Famed Member

Hi @berndg,

How I see, you are using wpForo Ad manager to add the IMG in the Top of the Forum.

wpForo Ad Manager doesn't change/decrease the IMG quality, the addon takes the IMG from the Media as it is and inserts in the needed Website section.

Please Note if you have question related to wpForo addons, please ask them at Gvectors wpForo Addons Support Forum, we Provide here only wpForo Core plugin Support.

5 Replies
(@berndg)

Reputable Member

@chris Hi Chris,

so far, so good. But it is not only in head, but also in the sidebar, that the images are pixelated. So I could open up a second thread in the add on-forum, but they then cannot help me with the sidebar ...

Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@berndg,

I don't get why you think that wpForo changes the quality of the IMG's?

I opened the IMG's in new Tab, and the quality is the same as in the sidebar, the difference of the IMG's in the Forum sidebar and blog sidebar is the size of the IMG, but not the quality. And also, the IMG in wpForo sidebar is added with a widget which is not related to wpForo.

(@berndg)

Reputable Member

@chris As I write: They are pixelated on forums page, and if you put the same image in the blog, not on [wpforo] the same image is not pixelated. I wish it would be different myself ...

(@berndg)

Reputable Member

@chris Hi Chris, the support thread at Converter for Mediais publicly available here.

(@berndg)

Reputable Member

@chris Hi Chris, happy new year. 

happy new year! Here my report about the solution (well, somehow). It is a problem with the editor of the Ad Manager-plugin of GVectors. To be honest, I ran in the same problem two years ago, did not remember the stuff and found my own support thread there.

This is what I answered another forum member there, who was complaining about the same problem without help:

I ran in the same problem again and needed some time to remember this older thread. For test reason, I put in a picture of 1200 width in the visual editor or something like that, then of 640 – and the output was always the same, 330×113. Minified, pixelated, unreadable. We have a plugin running that produces modern image formats like WebP and AVIF, but it took the jpg always.

You have to hardcode it in the text-editor, putting in the wanted pictures name and width, then it works. I never experienced this with the normal WordPress-editor like written above by GVectors support, but at least it works, although it’s not comfortable at all. But the image reacts responsive.

Thanks for your support, Bernd

Chris
(@chris)
Famed Member

Hi @berndg,

When you press on Add Media Button, and select the IMG select Full Size Option from ATTACHMENT DISPLAY SETTINGS field.