Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Solved] How transfer WPforo (configured) from one website to another ?

6 Posts
4 Users
3 Reactions
Topic starter
(@charlo)
Reputable Member

Hello, yes the question is: on the first website WpForo is configured,  how precess for transfering  on a other WP configured website ?    on the new website, wpforo without plugins is installed.

thank you

5 Replies
1 Reply
dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)

Famed Member

Posted by: @charlo

Hello, yes the question is: on the first website WpForo is configured,  how precess for transfering  on a other WP configured website ?    on the new website, wpforo without plugins is installed.

thank you

The only easy and bulletproof way is what @Realact suggested. MIRROR the old site to the new and then login to the new and delete whatever you do not want.

RealAct
(@realact)
Reputable Member

Hi.

woForo is part of WordPress, in most cases you'll need to transfer the whole site along with the forum. For example your forum users are your WordPress users etc.

I suspect you may always hire an expert developer than can split the databases including users and other data etc, but honestly, just exporting the whole site with woForo is on is the way to go, you may always delete plugins, posts and other data you are not interested in from the rest of the site before the transfer.

2 Replies
(@charlo)

Reputable Member

@realact  Thank a lot for this information. I send you the best for the next year.

(and no vaccins)....

RealAct
(@realact)

Reputable Member

@charlo Thank you, but no, thank you. I'm alive because of vaccines today.

Chris
(@chris)
Famed Member

Hi @charlo,

This is not an easy task. All topics and posts are connected to users and user IDs, if the target WordPress already has some users then it's impossible to move. You should migrate data with regenerating all related IDs. This is a large work and can be performed by migration services like gConverter or ProfProjects.