Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Problem with activation email links (are in broken html format).

8 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@seoadam999)
Eminent Member

I have still problem with activation email links (are in broken html format). I once described it here:

https://wpforo.com/community/how-to-and-troubleshooting-2/activation-link-is-broken-registration-key-is-invalid/

Apparently the problem was in wp_mail_content_type (must be plain text not html), so I changed it according to the instructions, and added in the functions.php file:

function wps_set_content_type(){
return 'text/plain';
}
add_filter( 'wp_mail_content_type','wps_set_content_type' );

Unfortunately, nothing changed.  Still receives emails with html code. How can I change it?

7 Replies
(@anonymous20)
Noble Member

From what i see wpForo sends:

MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8

and works right now.

What type is showing in your message header? And what client is that?

Topic starter
(@seoadam999)
Eminent Member

I am trying to register in different e-mail accounts and there is a problem everywhere, gmail, aol, temporary emails ...

http://niepodam.pl/ - login "test888" - you can see html:

The same situation is in Gmail:

and everywhere else ...

Now I can see that the headers are correct in Gmail:

MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text / plain; charset = UTF-8
Username: Kamila123

But I still have html tags in emails. Someone in the previous thread said that it is not the plugin fault, but the fact that I am sending the wrong content-type, but it is probably the fault of the wpforo script ?

<span class = \ "tlid-translation translation \" lang = \ "pl \"> <span class = \ "\" title = \ "\"> To set a password, visit the following address </span> </span> :
< Https://girlinneed.com/forum/?wpforo=resetpassword&rp_key=1Phzo7swOcTDg852mwA9&rp_login=Kamila123 >

How do I get rid of those d**n html tags?
It's killing me ...

1 Reply
(@anonymous20)

Noble Member

@seoadam999

Ok

I did register to your site and got a problematic email as you say above.

Due to some "translation" plugin or method you use.

<span class=\"tlid-translation translation\" lang=\"pl\">
<span class=\"\" title=\"\">Aby ustawić hasło, odwiedź następujący adres</span></span>:
(@anonymous20)
Noble Member

Are you using ANY plugin or 3rd part service for smtp mail (out) or anything that could change the email headers etc etc?

Topic starter
(@seoadam999)
Eminent Member

I do not think so. With add-ons I have nothing that could cause a problem, but I found in the database, the string you wrote about (in wp_options -> wpforo_subscribe_options)

However, when I remove the html code from here:

[post_url] "; s: 44:" wp_new_user_notification_email_admin_subject "; s: 32:" [blogname] New User Registration "; s: 44:" wp_new_user_notification_email_admin_message "; s: 95:" New user registration on your site [blogname]:

Username: [user_login]

Email: [user_email] "; s: 38:" wp_new_user_notification_email_subject "; s: 42:" [blogname] Your username and password info "; s: 38:" wp_new_user_notification_email_message "; s: 207:" Username: [user_login]

<span class = \ "tlid-translation translation \" lang = \ "pl \"> <span class = \ "\" title = \ "\"> To set a password, visit the following address </span> </span> :

[Set_password_url] "; s: 28:" reset_password_email_message ";

And I am trying to register again,  emails do not reach the addressee at all :((

Page 1 / 2