Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Problem with sign up of multiple users with enabled recaptcha

12 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team
Posted by: @farhad

But still we get too many new users registration with inactive status

What is wrong?

Nothing is wrong, Spam is very powerful. If you enable some form for user registration, you should use tons of plugins to protect your forum, please read this FAQ topic: https://wpforo.com/community/faq/how-to-stop-spam/

In the upcoming v2 major version, we've added a Manual User Approval system. So you can approve all trusted users and delete spam manually. If this feature is enabled, all new registered users will not be able to login and their statuses will be inactive. You can select them bulk and delete in Dashboard > wpForo > Members admin page: https://wpforo.com/docs/wpforo-v2/settings/login-registration/#enable-user-manually-approval-system

Topic starter
(@farhad)
Posted by: @robert

There is no any problem. All spambots are developed for the registration form which doesn't contain password field, and they expect confirmation email. The spambots don't work on this form, this is the only reason.

Thank you @robert for your reply,

But that form will fill by robots and the system will try to send many confirmation email

And those registrations will be as inactive status in the members area

I see Recaptcha on that form but it seems it doesn't work properly

is it possible to apply that in that form ?

Thank you for your support

1 Reply
Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@farhad,

Welcome to spam reality! Please read the FAQ topic i shared.

reCAPTCHA works fine, reCAPTCHA is not 100% protection, lots of spambots can pass reCAPTCHA without any problem.  Spam is powerful and there is no way to stop them with any tools. You can make them less but you'll never stop them.

Topic starter
(@farhad)

@robert

Thank you for your explanation

Yes, I know and I read the activation system,

But Our web site traffic is not too much and I think those robots fill that form very easy

When I disable the option: Enable User Registration email confirmation, Those robots can't fill the registration form and it seems Recaptcha works great on the normal form including password

I like to have users with email confirmation, But it seems Recaptcha doesn't work properly on the form of USERNAME & EMAIL registration, However it displays the Recaptcha but it seems robots can bypass that and the server sends many email to filled email addresses which is not good

I know there are many powerful robots but I think this is not that case, Because those robots can't fill the normal registration form and our web site traffic is not heavy too

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

reCAPTCHA works with the same power in all forms, it has zero relation to wpForo, it always sends data to Google Server and returns true all false. So all spam detection algorithms are processed in Google Server.

You can test it very easy. Try to not check the reCAPTCHA checkbox and register. If it returned an error, then it works fine.

dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)
Famed Member

@farhad Just use a security/firewall/protection plugin. Protect your WP BEFORE registration or login.

Page 2 / 2