Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Profile Pics Not Updating

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@meibukan76)
Eminent Member

When users are uploading new profile pictures after already having uploaded an initial profile pic, the images aren't being replaced/updated in the other sections of the forums. They'll upload the pic, and the pic will change on their profile page. But, the old image is still showing in the topics, posts, members page, and in the Wordpress users area.

I've already checked and this is not a cache issue. I've deleted caches and synced user profiles. The setting Replace Author Avatar with Forum Profile Avatar is set to Yes. It's happened to a few users so far.

If I change their profile to show "default avatar" that will remove the pics from everything. But, then when I go to upload the new profile pic again, it will upload, and then the old one still shows as before except in the member's profile where the new one shows.

Can anyone help with this?

P.S. I would love to understand why the previous thread I asked this question in got deleted.

3 Replies
Topic starter
(@meibukan76)
Eminent Member

Okay, looking more into this, if I inspect the elements within the browser, the file names of the old and new avatars are the same. If I go into the backend and download the actual file using FTP, the actual file is the new avatar, but for some reason it's not displaying in the forums except for in the member profile area. No matter how many times I've deleted the caches. @robert any thoughts?

2 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@meibukan76,

This is either local cache (browser, internet provider) or website/server cache issue. You should test it with different devices using the private session of browsers. If the issue is still there, then this is a server side cache issue.

(@meibukan76)

Eminent Member

@robert Thanks for the response. I'll dig more into that side of things.