Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Q&A Layout - Answer Count Not Updating when Replying to Posts

17 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

There is no issue with wpForo core, this maybe installation issue, something wrong with database tables or so. Please send admin login details to support[at]gvectors.com email address. We'll check this.

1 Reply
(@t-tester)

Just checking in to see if there's any update regarding our email with our site credentials sent on July 30?

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Ok, we found something strange. Your forums are set Extended Layout in Dashboard > Forums > Forums admin page but the view is Q&A layout. Have you made any change in wpForo template file? Have you hanged the layout folders or so? This is the reason why it doesn't work. We just set all forum layouts Q&A in dashboard and works fine now.

Also, please note, the vote is only counted for the first post, it seems you're voting answers and waiting for stat change. For example I've just voted for "How can you evict a tenant in Washington?" topic and it works fine.

So all new topics will work fine. The old topics have been created and posted as an Extended Layout and there is no stat data.

(@david-fairhurst)

Hi, I'm having this same issue. In the dashboard it says using the 'Classic' theme. I followed the instructions to copy over the QA style files on the admin.php?page=wpforo-themes page. The 'Answers' count does not increase on the forum pages. Could you help?

Thanks

David

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team
Posted by: David Fairhurst

Hi, I'm having this same issue. In the dashboard it says using the 'Classic' theme. I followed the instructions to copy over the QA style files on the admin.php?page=wpforo-themes page. The 'Answers' count does not increase on the forum pages. Could you help?

Hi @david-fairhurst,

Please don't copy any fie from the URL you left. i don't know what is this but it doesn't have any relation to this issue. Just navigate to Dashboard > Forums > Dashboard admin page and click on Delete all caches button. Also please leave your forum URL to allow us check it.

BTW: Please don't duplicate topics on gVectors Support Forum. gVectors Forum is only for paid addon support.

1 Reply
(@david-fairhurst)

Hi Robert, thank you for getting back to me. On the Forum/Themes page, the following text is displayed: 

wpForo theme files contain the markup and template structure for frontend of your forum. Theme files can be found within the /wpforo/wpf-themes/ directory, in current active theme folder, for example /classic/. You can edit these files in an upgrade-safe way using overrides. For example, copy the certain or all files of /classic/ folder into a folder within your current active WordPress theme named /wpforo/, keeping the same file structure.

Example: To override the "Topic List" template file of the Extended (#1) forum layout, copy according file: plugins/wpforo/wpf-themes/classic/layouts/1/topic.php to themes/yourtheme/wpforo/layouts/1/topic.php

The copied file will now automatically override the wpForo default theme file. All changes in this file will not be lost on forum update.

Do not edit these files within the core plugin itself as they are overwritten during the upgrade process and any customizations will be lost.

This is what I have done. Is this not the correct procedure?

I have deleted all caches, this hasn't made any difference.  The forum is currently private. Can I PM you the access details?

Thanks
David
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Could you please explain the reason why have you done this? You should install wpForo and use it without any copy/paste. This just an instruction for people who want to change something in template files. have you made any changes?

The copy of my last post:

You should not have a copy of wpForo template files in WordPress theme folder. If you don't have any customization in these files, please remove those. wpForo uses the files located in its own folder. It starts using the copied files if it finds those in WP theme folder.

The copy you're talking about is only for template file customization. If you customized some file and copied to the WP theme folder you should follow to wpForo release changelogs and notes. Not all version updates require to update the customized files.

Page 3 / 3