6 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
lantaarntje
Topic starter
(@lantaarntje)
Trusted Member

We are having trouble with the following:

For registration, login and reset password we use the Wordpress Pages instead of the wpForo pages because:

For Registerd Members we have enabled ReCaptcha at the WordPress Login screen.

For Admin we have 2FA plugin enabled 

The Issue we have is the following:

Our forum is posting through RSS feed to Discord channels but when a user click the link and they are NOT logged in the user land on the login page of wpFORO instead of the Wordpress Login and they try to login and are redirected to the WordPress Loginpage and receive:

ERROR: The username or password you entered is incorrect

This is of the ReCaptha. They enter login/pass and tick Recaptcha and they are logged in which is a struggle 🙁 and they have to surf the forum for the particular topic.

So the Question is how to solve this.

It doesn't for us which pages to use Wordpress or wpFORO as long as the following requirements are met:

1. ReCaptha at login (found in the wpFORO Settings)

2. 2TFA for Admin login.

5 Replies
 Dazz
(@dazz)

Same problem here as well login, logout,sign in is working perfect with the e-mails and with the URL s but the reset password page has the problem its been 9 hours and still i m trying to find a solution there is still no answer for that i m stuck there too

1 Reply
Alvina
(@alvina)

@dazz,

Please read this support topic related to Lost Password URL. Typical issue: https://wpforo.com/community/problem-and-bug-reports/lost-your-password-bug/

lantaarntje
Topic starter
(@lantaarntje)
Trusted Member

That doesn't help my problem 🙂

I think if 2FA could be used within de wpForo pages i can switch to wpForo pages completley.

1 Reply
Alvina
(@alvina)

@lantaarntje,

I think if 2FA could be used within de wpForo pages i can switch to wpForo pages completley.

wpForo based on the  WordPress core functions. So if one plugin works when you use the WordPress Login form, it should work for the wpForo too.

Besides the developers just checked the following plugin, and it works fine for the wpForo, so you can use it without any worries: https://wordpress.org/plugins/miniorange-2-factor-authentication/

lantaarntje
Topic starter
(@lantaarntje)
Trusted Member

Thanks i will take a look at it 🙂