wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Registered member mail

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@vibrcommerce)

Hello all,

I really love this forum plugin.
When somebody registers to my forum they get an email, however the first issue is that the sender comes forward as "Wordpress" where can I change this ? The "from" name has my website name there.

second question is that in outlook the link to make a password is not clickable, so now people need to copy and paste the whole link.

Thanks for the help.

3 Replies
(@martin)
Support Team

Hi @vibrcommerce,

Please follow to this support topic for the first issue: https://wpforo.com/community/how-to-and-troubleshooting-2/get-rid-of-wordpress-in-password-change-notification/#post-47350

The second one is not a general problem. It's your outlook issue. It seems your outlook has some extra protection which doesn't show links. Ask this question in outlook support forums.

As an alternative try to change (if enabled disable, if disabled enable) these two options in option in Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Emails Tab: 

• Overwrite WordPress New User Registration Email for Users
  • Overwrite WordPress Reset Password Emails
Topic starter
(@vibrcommerce)

Hi @martin,

The solution with the link did not work for me, when I copy that in the PHP file and change it to my mail and name, the person who wants to register does not get a mail at all.

Vincent

1 Reply
Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@vibrcommerce,

Please leave a screenshot of your functions.php file.

Also, please check the spam-box. It seems you're using a FROM EMAIL which doesn't contain current email domain after the @ symbol so your receiver email service track it as spam email.