Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Solved] Get rid of Wordpress in password change notification

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@briegull)
Trusted Member

I notice that when you send out the password change link, it arrives coming from wpforo. When I send it out, it arrives coming from Wordpress and then the name of my org.  Where can I change that?

Topic Tags
2 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Hi @briegull,

All emails (excerpt user registration) related to forum are being sent from the EMail you configured in the Forums > Settings > Emails admin page. User registration process is under WordPress control, not wpForo. wpForo only provides with registration form, other processes are performed by WordPress. And yes, this is a known issue of WordPress. This is the default Wordpress email. You should change it using some hooks like this:

add_filter( 'wp_mail_from', function( $name ) {return 'info@mydomain.com' ; } ) ;
add_filter( 'wp_mail_from_name', function( $name ) {return 'My Forum name' ; } ) ;

Change the red marked strings and put this code in your current active theme functions.php file. Make sure you didn't deleted the apostrophe before and after the strings.

More info about this issue: http://www.wpbeginner.com/plugins/how-to-change-sender-name-in-outgoing-wordpress-email/

Topic starter
(@briegull)
Trusted Member

Superb! Thank you!!