Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Solved] remove reply box

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@briegull)
Trusted Member

Is it possible to remove the reply box after every entry in a forum, but keep a "reply" button which, when pushed, would bring up a reply box??

5 Replies
Alvina
(@alvina)

Hi @briegull,

Please follow this support topic: https://wpforo.com/community/how-to-and-troubleshooting-2/leave-a-reply-box/

Topic starter
(@briegull)
Trusted Member

Can't get this working. I'm using the extended layout. I'm also hiding the forum behind a password and not requiring people to register through either wpforo or wordpress. does that matter?

1 Reply
Alvina
(@alvina)

@briegull,

Please use the following CSS code to hide the reply box:

#wpforo #wpforo-wrap .wpf-form-wrapper {
display: none;
}

The CSS code should be added in the Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Styles admin page "Custom CSS Code" textarea.

In any case please don't forget to delete all caches and press CTRL+F5(twice) on the frontend before checking.

wpForo has an option to enable the first post Reply Button for the Q&A and Threaded Layouts. The option is located in the Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Topics & Posts admin page:

. Q&A Layout - First Post Reply Button

. Threaded Layout - First Post Reply Button

Topic starter
(@briegull)
Trusted Member

I think it's working now. Thank you!  (I love keyboard shortcuts but since, for instance, hitting ctrl- F5 on my Mac results in Voice Over being activated, I'd like to know what the keyboard command is doing - clearing caches?? - so I can set it right)

1 Reply
Alvina
(@alvina)

@briegull,

I'd like to know what the keyboard command is doing - clearing caches??

yes, you are right, it for clearing cache.

Below is provided the helpful link: https://www.saicharanreddy.com/whats-the-difference-between-f5-ctrlr-ctrlshiftr-ctrlf5-and-shiftf5-in-google-chrome-browser/#:~:text=Chrome%20offers%20%E2%80%9CF5%E2%80%9D%20key%20and,page%20you%20are%20currently%20on.