wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Selective RSS feed shutdown

10 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

We don't remove permissions. Only the "can view reply" is planned to be removed, however it may be improved too, I don't know exactly yet. I suggest just disable the RSS Feed in Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Features admin page.

Topic starter
(@dlinstedt)
Trusted Member

I did, cleared the cache, that removed the icons.  I was wondering though: I "copied" the RSS URL, and pasted it in as guest, even with the RSS turned off - it still provided the feed.  Can you double check the code to re-direct to 404 or something in this case?

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

There is no any issue in code, it's just a wrong configuration. The forum of that topics and posts is not set No Access to Guest, the wpForo cache in Dashboard > Forums > Dashboard is not deleted or the No Access permissions are not fully disabled.

Topic starter
(@dlinstedt)
Trusted Member

Actually - I did configure everything properly, and even now the guest still has access to the topic.  I tried attaching multiple screen shots, but only able to attach one.  I shut down all the pieces I possibly could.  If you would like admin access, I'd be happy to grant it to you.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Could you please explain the issue again? As far as I see you have set No Access for Guests and you still see RSS feed of topics in that forum? Am I right? Please provide example URLs to that forum and RSS Feed.

Page 2 / 2