Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Setting an inactive user to active

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@martin_1)
Eminent Member

This seems to be solved, However I can't seem to find how to do it.

I have a user who didn't recieve their email. So his status is set to inactive. How do I change that to active?

4 Replies
Alvina
(@alvina)

Hi k@martin_1,

If you want to remove the "only active users" restriction for members list and members count in statistic you should use the new hook with this parameter: 

add_filter('wpforo_display_members_status', function ( $status ){ return array('active', 'inactive', 'banned'); });

once you put this hook in your active WordPress theme functions.php, you should navigate to Dashboard > Forums > Dashboard and click the [Delete All Caches] button. If you have a WordPress child theme, you should only put this code in the child theme functions.php file.

Also please read the changelog here: https://wpforo.com/community/wpforo-announcements/wpforo-1-7-3-is-released/

Topic starter
(@martin_1)
Eminent Member

Hi,

I am sorry I haven't been back to respond to your suggestion. That wasn't exactly what i wanted :-). I have a few users who didn't recieve their e-mail to set their password. So they can't activate their accounts.

Is this something I can do for them and how?

1 Reply
Alvina
(@alvina)

@martin_1,

The most of email sending issues are server and site-specific issues so we can't help in these cases. We have a good list for website admins to find the reason and fix it. Please read this FAQ topic:

https://wpforo.com/community/faq/not-receiving-automatic-replynotificationconfirmation-emails/#post-5344

Topic starter
(@martin_1)
Eminent Member

I find it very strange that I as an administrator can't activate their accounts. That is suchs a standard feature.