[Closed] Spam

5 Posts
3 Users
1 Reactions
Topic starter
(@danniee)
Honorable Member

Hi,

Is there any way to prevent users from making 100+ posts per minute? I am looking for a feature to only allow x amount of posts/topics per minute which most forum softwares seems to have.

thank you

4 Replies
dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)
Famed Member

Hi,

It doesn't seem to be such a feature in wpForo.

So, your next bet is to catch spam before registration, with some security plugin. From all the years with Wordpress, i believe spam fight should be done at registration stage and not after.

(@martin)
Support Team

Hi @danniee,

Here is a very good solution: https://wpforo.com/community/postid/103463/

It stops users on the fist post. You just need to collect most used spam words and phrases and add them in the plugin.

Topic starter
(@danniee)
Honorable Member

Thank you guys, but it would be really neat with a setting that prevents users from spam posting. I had a user post 1000 posts in minutes and it was h**l. Then he repeated it several times and I had to turn of registration. Simply preventing it with a timer setting would have made it much easier to purge the spam if Im away from the computer for 1 hour instead of it almost crashing the database when purgin. I don't really want more plugins and limit new users because other than this all works fine. Thank you.

dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)
Famed Member

Don't you have a security plugin active already?

Anyways, good luck in that fight 🙂