Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Tables?

12 Posts
6 Users
4 Likes
Topic starter
(@ananimelover)
Eminent Member

We can't add tables through wpForo's modified tinyMCE editor. Any chance we can get that core functionality of an otherwise free of charge WYSIWYG editor in wpForo?

11 Replies
dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)
Famed Member

Maybe you can overcome this using Tablepress and a shortcode.

Topic starter
(@ananimelover)
Eminent Member
Posted by: @dimalifragis

Maybe you can overcome this using Tablepress and a shortcode.

That won't do and quite frankly, your suggestion is knowingly undercutting the problem. With tablepress and shortcodes only the admins and some mods would be able to make tables. OBVIOUSLY all my forumites need access to this. I don't understand it anyway, wpForo uses tinyMCE, which is opensource (free to use) and it comes equipped with tables and other things by default. For some reason the command bar has been disabled in wpForo's case.

1 Reply
dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)

Famed Member

@ananimelover Ok, no need to be hostile here, i'm only trying to give you some ideas.

wpForo used a modified TinyMCE of its own (separate from WP), so the developers here will probably give you an answer.

Tutrix
(@tutrix)
Noble Member

Hi @ananimelover

Try Advanced Editor Tools
The plugin works when creating new topics and replies, unfortunately not when editing

2 Replies
(@ananimelover)

Eminent Member

@tutrix actually, this is the answer that got me closest to the solution. But indeed, it doesn't work while editing.

(@deadpool7718)

@ananimelover i used this plugin but it still dosen't work,can you show me how?

Chris
(@chris)
Famed Member

Hi @ananimelover,

I'm sorry, but we don't have any extension for the TinyMCE editor in wpForo. You can try some classic-editor extensions:  https://wordpress.org/plugins/tags/classic-editor/

4 Replies
(@ananimelover)

Eminent Member

@chris thank you for the hint, but how do you tell wpForo to use the classic editor?

Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@ananimelover,

wpForo already uses the classic editor. This is the classic editor:

So you need some plugin to extend the classic editor features, something like the Tutrix suggestion: https://wpforo.com/community/postid/60992/

(@ananimelover)

Eminent Member

@robert yes, I tried that and although the Advanced Editor Tools does add the editor menu bar, only during Topic and Post creation, not when editing topics or posts. Also, you still can't customize the editor quick tools bar.

I've looked into the wpForo php, and for some reason you decided to bake the toolbar into the forum code, meaning I can't change it without changing the code of wpForo. If you could dispense with that and just let us customize the editor as we see fit, it would be great.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@ananimelover,

There are tons of hooks that you can manage the editor toolbar buttons and toolbar settings. The main hook 'wpforo_editor_settings' is a filter hook which allows you to add/edit/remove buttons, manage settings of the TinyMCE(classic) editor:

public function editor_buttons( $editor = 'post' ) {
global $wp_styles;
if( !empty($wp_styles) && ($fa = wpfval($wp_styles->registered, 'wpforo-font-awesome')) && ($fa_rtl = wpfval($wp_styles->registered, 'wpforo-font-awesome-rtl')) ){
$content_css = $fa->src . ( is_rtl() ? ',' . $fa_rtl->src : '' );
}else{
$content_css = '';
}
$settings = array(
'topic' => array(
'media_buttons' => false,
'textarea_name' => 'topic[body]',
'textarea_rows' => get_option( 'default_post_edit_rows', 20 ),// rows = "..."
'tabindex' => '',
'editor_height' => 180,
'editor_css' => '',
'editor_class' => '',
'teeny' => false,
'dfw' => false,
'tinymce' => array(
'toolbar1' => 'fontsizeselect,bold,italic,underline,strikethrough,forecolor,bullist,numlist,hr,alignleft,aligncenter,alignright,alignjustify,link,unlink,blockquote,pre,wpf_spoil,undo,redo,pastetext,source_code,emoticons,fullscreen',
'toolbar2' => '',
'toolbar3' => '',
'toolbar4' => '',
'content_style' => 'blockquote{border: #cccccc 1px dotted; background: #F7F7F7; padding:10px;font-size:12px; font-style:italic; margin: 20px 10px;} pre{border-left: 3px solid #ccc; outline: none !important; background: #fafcff;padding: 10px;font-size: 14px;margin: 20px 0 0 10px;display: block;width: 100%;} img.emoji{width: 20px;}',
'object_resizing' => false,
'autoresize_on_init' => true,
'wp_autoresize_on' => true,
'wp_keep_scroll_position' => true,
'indent' => true,
'add_unload_trigger' => false,
'wpautop' => false,
'setup' => 'wpforo_tinymce_setup',
'content_css' => $content_css,
'extended_valid_elements' => 'i[class|style],span[class|style]',
'custom_elements' => ''
),
'quicktags' => false,
'default_editor' => 'tinymce'
),
'post' => array(
'media_buttons' => false,
'textarea_name' => 'post[body]',
'textarea_rows' => get_option( 'default_post_edit_rows', 5 ),
'editor_class' => 'wpeditor',
'teeny' => false,
'dfw' => false,
'editor_height' => 150,
'tinymce' => array(
'toolbar1' => 'fontsizeselect,bold,italic,underline,strikethrough,forecolor,bullist,numlist,hr,alignleft,aligncenter,alignright,alignjustify,link,unlink,blockquote,pre,wpf_spoil,undo,redo,pastetext,source_code,emoticons,fullscreen',
'toolbar2' => '',
'toolbar3' => '',
'toolbar4' => '',
'content_style' => 'blockquote{border: #cccccc 1px dotted; background: #F7F7F7; padding:10px;font-size:12px; font-style:italic; margin: 20px 10px;} pre{border-left: 3px solid #ccc; outline: none !important; background: #fafcff;padding: 10px;font-size: 14px;margin: 20px 0 0 10px;display: block;width: 100%;} img.emoji{width: 20px;}',
'object_resizing' => false,
'autoresize_on_init' => true,
'wp_autoresize_on' => true,
'wp_keep_scroll_position' => true,
'indent' => true,
'add_unload_trigger' => false,
'wpautop' => false,
'setup' => 'wpforo_tinymce_setup',
'content_css' => $content_css,
'extended_valid_elements' => 'i[class|style],span[class|style]',
'custom_elements' => ''
),
'quicktags' => false,
'default_editor' => 'tinymce'
)
);

return array_merge( $this->default->editor_settings, apply_filters( 'wpforo_editor_settings', $settings[ $editor ], $editor ) );
}

I'm sorry but we cannot help you to customize the editor. This is out of our support, you should find some developer to do that.