6 Posts
2 Users
1 Reactions
selsebil
Topic starter
(@selsebil)
Estimable Member

Hi,

I realized yesterday that the time of new members is not correct, namely below 3 hrs than real time. So, I looked at their wordpress profile which shows that their timezone UTC +0. But, timezone of our country is UTC +3. Here is screen capture of new registered members:

But, for old forum members, the time is shown correct. In their wordpress profile, same region is seen as city, which is different from new members. Here is screen capture:

I checked when has this problem appeared. I saw that this problem may have appeared after wpforo 2.0. Could you fix the timezone problem of new registered members?

Note: In wpforo settings, the default timezone is based on the WordPress timezone. I checked it in /wpforo/settings/General Setting/Enable WordPress Date. And wordpress timezone is adjusted to UTC +3. These options never changed. My timezone is in this support forum is also 3 hrs below.

Topic Tags
5 Replies
Chris
(@chris)
Famed Member

Hi @selsebil,

Users can select their timezone by themselves, from Profile > Account Page, or you can set their time zone from Dashboard > Users > Profile, but that is not the Forum Timezone, the Forum Timezone is set GMT+0

selsebil
Topic starter
(@selsebil)
Estimable Member

Posted by: @chris

Users can select their timezone by themselves, from Profile > Account Page, or you can set their time zone from Dashboard > Users > Profile, but that is not the Forum Timezone, the Forum Timezone is set GMT+0

Ok, but it is not easy for ordinary internet users. None of the users do not adjust timezone. Most of internet users do not know what is UTC.

However, it was automatically updated in previous wpforo theme according to wordpress timezone. I wish it should be back with an update, or is there any code to adjust it according to wordpress timezone?

3 Replies
Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@selsebil,

wpForo doesn't set any of the user's timezones by itself, if the user hadn't touched own timezone setting, then it should be set to UTC +0, 

Note: In wpforo settings, the default timezone is based on the WordPress timezone. I checked it in /wpforo/settings/General Setting/Enable WordPress Date.

That's the Format, but not the UTC, UTC +0 is always for wpForo, and for registered users who hadn't changed their timezone.

selsebil
(@selsebil)

Estimable Member

@chris Previous theme was more easy to use. Firstly, old easy quote style was changed, and now it asks members to change UTC setting by themselves. Wpforo is becoming hard to use day by day.

Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@selsebil,

wpForo never asked to set the timezone, they can pass it, and use the Forum with no problems, wpForo date and time calculations give the users the needed date and time of the creation dates, replies dates etc.

wpForo shows how many minutes, days... ago was the topic or replies created.

Posted by: @selsebil

old easy quote style was changed

New Quotes has been improved. If you mark a sentence and press the Blue Quote Button(Quote this text), the quote would be inserted in the current reply editor and not in the bottom one which was in the old versions of wpForo. The shortcode may be little, foreign for the users, but it's not difficult at all.

I'm sure that it has happened to you a*s well, when you press the Blue Quote Button(Quote this text) after marking the text and the Quot goes down, to the bottom Reply box, but you wanted to quote the marked text in the current reply box which was opened, by pressing on the Reply button of the post.