Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Solved] Too long message url

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 Doc
Topic starter
(@doc)

Hello! If %postname% is selected in the blog settings, the topic url in WPforo is the same length as the topic name that the user enters when publishing. The title can be very long and even cannot be changed  after publication. Is there a solution to this problem? Please, give a link or tell me the solution.

Thanks

4 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

I'm sorry but it doesn't matter you set the permalink structure %postname% or something elese. The important thing that you should use permalink instead of the default ?p=1 URL structure. wpForo Permalink structure is not changed because wpForo forums, topics and posts are not WordPress post types. wpForo has its own content system for high performance reason. Thus wpForo content URL structure doesn't reflect WordPress permalink structure.

Doc
Topic starter
(@doc)

thank you, I use permalink structure URLs, but they are as long as the title of the topic, may be too long, how to solve this issue.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

This is not unlimited. there are limits here. The limits are based on WEB rules. It'll be cut when rich the limit. I'm sorry but there is no other way to control the length.

Doc
Topic starter
(@doc)

I understand, thank you