Clear all

[Closed] Topics Won't Open

8 Posts
3 Users
4 Reactions
 Zaza
Topic starter
(@zaza)

Hi, I am having an issue with my topics opening. I can see the general forum main page, but as soon as I click on a topic, the whole forum disappears and just displays the background of my website. Does anyone know a solution?

I should also note that the topics work if I enable standalone. However, even when categorizing which webpages to exempt, my home page of my website becomes the blog, and the page I dedicated in my menu for the forum displays an error 404 message. 

Things I've done: cleared the cache, deactivated the plugin. Had my website reset to a time when everything worked. 

if you want to check it out the forum page: https://lessonslayer.com/community/

Thanks in advance.

Topic Tags
7 Replies
BlackRaz
Admin
(@blackraz)
Contributor

Hi @zaza ,

I apologize for any confusion caused. The settings have been shuffled and the installation has been affected, it is advisable to uninstall ( uninstall not a deactivate ) the wpForo plugin from your WordPress Plugins and perform a fresh installation with new settings.

To assist you with the reinstallation process, you can follow the tutorial videos provided:

1. Tutorial Video 1: How to install wpForo - Link to YouTube Video

2. Tutorial Video 2: How to change wpForo forum plugin page URL - Link to YouTube Video

These videos should guide you through the steps necessary to reinstall wpForo correctly with fresh settings.

dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)
Famed Member

@zaza your site is a compromized wordpress. Hacked.

dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)
Famed Member

@zaza your site is REdirecting to:

2 Replies
 Zaza
(@zaza)

@dimalifragis Thank you for letting me know that it is still doing this. Bluehost had an issue with their server two days ago, and my site had to be restored to previous period because a number of things went wrong sense then.

Zaza
(@zaza)

@dimalifragis after working with bluehost for a while, figured out it was a pluggin redirecting. just encase anyone has jetpack installed, don't do it. It was that one causing the majority of the issue of redireciting pages.

dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)
Famed Member

@zaza That is great news. But i highly doubt Jetpack does that.

If you do not have a security plugin installed, just do it. Wordfence or The Shield or whatever you like. And SCAN your site.

1 Reply
 Zaza
(@zaza)

@dimalifragis It was scanned for malware and viruses, and none were found. As soon as the jetpack plugin was deleted the issue hasn't resurfaced. But, to double protect, I'll add another layer of security.