Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Solved] Troubles in Firefox

6 Posts
3 Users
1 Reactions
Topic starter
(@esthervdwal)

Hi, I installed the forum yesterday and noticed I have troubles in the Firefox browser. I can't use the field/editor to add a topic, just like now I do in your forum. It does work in Chrome but I can't set the cursos into the field in Firefox. Is this something you are aware about? And is there a solution for that? Also the ammoun tof members will not refresh in Firefox, it stills say 1 but there are 6 in Chrome.

5 Replies
Chris
(@chris)
Famed Member

Hi @esthervdwal,

If you have cache plugin, exclude wpForo from the cache plugin, and clean the website and browser cache, also check the FAQ topic for more info: https://wpforo.com/community/faq/wpforo-and-cache-plugins/

If this would not help you, let us know.

Topic starter
(@esthervdwal)

Ok I'm gonna try that.

dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)
Famed Member

This is not a matter of caching plugin but of Firefox. For some reason (a bug?) Firefox doesn't always refresh Wordpress pages (wpForo included) and shows old versions. I have tried to tune the caching of Firefox, using some suggestions i found on the web, still i failed to fix that.

Firefox has several issues with sites and the developers totally ignore the reports and have their own agenda.

Since i always use Firefox, i have been struggle with this issue in general Wordpress admin and use.

Chrome and Edge work just fine.

1 Reply
(@esthervdwal)

@dimalifragis Ah happy I am not the only one who is experiencing this problem.

Topic starter
(@esthervdwal)

Nope it didn't solve the problem but I've tried it on another computer in Firefox and it was ok so it must be a problem with my browser though. I will search on 🙂