Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Solved] Typical setup information

3 Posts
2 Users
2 Reactions
Topic starter
(@wpatters122946)

I just am installing this plugin and want to use it to just allow members to discuss topics related to a timeshare site.

Is there a set of typical default settings that will get things working without having to do much.  

I installed the forum plugin but right away it will not send email outbound for registration.

Any help would be great.  Maybe a youtube video?

2 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Hi @wpatters122946,

wpForo is an "Install and use" forum. You have nothing to do. wpForo creates a forum page automatically and you can see the first parent category and child forum. Also, you can see the [add topic] button to start your first thread. You can add/edit forums in Dashboard > Forums > Forums admin page.

The new user registration is also built-in. If your registered users doesn't get email it means your website/server "from" email is not trusted and it goes to spam-boxes of the users. Let them check their spam-boxes. Here is the full information about the email issue, it has nothing to do with wpForo, it's your server or your testing issue: https://wpforo.com/community/faq/not-receiving-automatic-replynotificationconfirmation-emails/#post-5344

In any case, if you cannot fix it, you can disable the registration with email confirmation and make it "one step" registration by disabling "Enable User Registration email confirmation" option in Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Features admin page.

Topic starter
(@wpatters122946)

Thanks that is what I wanted to know.  Some of the settings are mysterious.  I read through the documentation but not all of the items in the panels had an explanation.  Maybe I am dense but I think a menu listing of all the settings with a terse explanation of each would be considered to produce.  Just a suggestion.  I like to know the details.