Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Unread Bug

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@michaelwilding)
Eminent Member

Hi, when clicking on Unread I keep getting threads that are three, four weeks old coming back in, despite nothing new being added in weeks. Any way I can stop that happening?

5 Replies
(@martin)
Support Team

Hi @michaelwilding,

Please click the "Mark all read" button in the footer section of your forum. 

Also, make sure you've excluded wpForo forum page from your cache plugin: https://wpforo.com/community/faq/wpforo-and-cache-plugins/

1 Reply
(@michaelwilding)

Eminent Member

@martin thanks Martin, I've tried that, they go and then come back. It's not the same threads, it can be different ones, but all old. We're not currently running a caching plugin.

(@crisw)
Reputable Member
Posted by: @michaelwilding

Hi, when clicking on Unread I keep getting threads that are three, four weeks old coming back in, despite nothing new being added in weeks. Any way I can stop that happening?

Hi @michaelwilding

I think that by default design, there is a limit of 30 days for Recent posts.

You might want to re-check your settings at:

1)  Forum Dashboard > Settings > Features > Log Viewed Forums and Topics > Select Yes

2) Then scroll down and click the "Update Options

3) On the Front End, press Control + F5 to refresh and get the latest version of your update. 

My Team and I updated one of the forums to the latest Version 1.8.2 and for our specific use case, we needed older posts (more than 30 days) to still display.  So I did a tweak for that.   

My above suggestion works for the posts that you'd like to no longer display if they were written within the 30 day period.  

Hope this helps.  Good luck and God bless you!  🙂

Topic starter
(@michaelwilding)
Eminent Member

Thank you.

VereK
(@verek)
Honorable Member

I have had the same bug manifest occasionally.