Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] User Roles are Not Synching

3 Posts
2 Users
1 Reactions
Topic starter
(@becca800)

When someone signs up, there are four roles they can choose from. I created these roles through Ultimate Member and they are now WP roles. I have synched these roles with the Forum Usergroups. But when someone signs up, they are not synched. Instead, the person falls into "Registered" usergroup in WPForo, while their User Role in WP is the correct one they signed up with.

When I open that new user in the WP back end and change their user role in WP, then the User Group in WPForo is updated to the correct one. But it is not automatic on sign up when it needs to be.

Help.

2 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Hi @becca800,

I'm sorry, but we can't support the user role based registration functions of UM plugin. wpForo user role synchronization is developed for the native WordPress core processes, so we have no idea why UM doesn't support it.

You should contact to UM support and let them know that we use the standard WordPress Hooks to synchronize usergroups with roles. Almost all plugins are based on this standard hooks. They should use that too:

'set_user_role'
'add_user_role'

add_action( 'set_user_role', 'wpforo_update_usergroup_on_role_change', 10, 3 );
add_action( 'add_user_role', 'wpforo_update_usergroup_on_role_change', 10, 2 );

Or, they could call our function to initiate forum usregroup synchronization:

wpforo_update_usergroup_on_role_change( $userid, $new_role );

Topic starter
(@becca800)

Thank you for this starting point and great information. I will contact UM. I assumed it would work because of the existing UM integration within your settings but I suppose that is for other things. Thank you!